Port Forwarding..

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
suppose I forward a port in my router for the use of BitComet earlier..So now can I use the same port for other Bittorrent clients and as well as BitComet..

Will it work..when both thw application is running at the same time or it will only work when one application runs at any instant..Does the name of the clients name any difference when forwarding a port in a router..I am using MT882 router....here to forward a port we write the name of the application...

Also I have separately allowed different clients in my PC-Cillin firewall...

Does it will reduce the speed when using the same port by different application??? ( please tell when application are run at the same time & not at the same time)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
You have to use separate ports for separate applications if they both run at the same time. The best option is to enable uPnP in your router, and in your software. The port forwarding will then be done automatically

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
What is uPnP ???Is there any risk in enabling it..Because by default it is not enabled.

Is there any harm or decrease in speed when using the same port for different application at different times..also does the name of the application makes any blockage in the tranfer of the data through the port..which is forwarded for a different application..?

NucleusKore

TheSaint
uPnP stands for universal Plug and Play. Your software will "talk" to the router and set the routing path, ports etc without you having to break your head. However uPnP has also to be enabled in the software, not only in the router. And if the software in question does not have uPnP then it won't work. For example, Azureus is capable of uPnP, so is Limewire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom