Pop ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner

Broken In
I find that I get a lot ofpop-ups when I connect to the net. There weren't as many pop ups before I installed Limewire or Opera. But now, there seem to be way too many. I don't know if the problem I'm facing is dues to either of these programs, but if they are, is there a solution to it without having to delete either of the programs ?

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, maybe these softwares installed some adware stuff on your pc which frequenlty collects information about your browsing & brings in the appropriate popups.

If you use firefox, you shouldn't be annoyed with the popups. If you are using Internet Explorer, you should install a popup blocker.

You can also run a scan for Adware programs using Ad-Aware or Spyware Doctor to remove these adware files.

Savvy :!:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
the best IE pop-up blocker that comes to mind is google toolbar(used it when i was with IE )

Also have a look at the add/remove programs list,if u find any programs that u have not installed and appear funny remove them..
also as yrana suggested...adaware and spybot..run them and u'll be amazed at the result!!

:))

OP
Gunner

Gunner

Broken In
Alrighty ! Thanks, but isn't there a way to install a program which will remove any spy or adwares attached to the PC ?

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Ie needs a popup blocker to be installed??

I sometimes use ie to access msdn and i noticed that it has a popup blocker inbuilt. But i guess i have winxp sp 2 and ie6. Maybe that is it??

Adaware and spybot sure do work like a charm

hafees

In the zone
Gunner said:
I find that I get a lot ofpop-ups when I connect to the net. There weren't as many pop ups before I installed Limewire or Opera. But now, there seem to be way too many. I don't know if the problem I'm facing is dues to either of these programs, but if they are, is there a solution to it without having to delete either of the programs ?

Opera is not a spyware. The latest Opera (9 beta) has one of the best pop up blocking facilities.

I recommend Spybot. also you should update the program(detection rules) regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom