POP UP NOT OPENING

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepakchopra85

Right off the assembly line
hi
whenever i go to any site such as rediffmail.com or *irctc.co.in/ etc i am unable to see the popup which is opened. some pop up opens but some donot open . i had spybot but i uninstalled it thinking that to be the problem but still the pop up does not open. when i click any link i get in my mails or anywhere and if a pop up window opens then i have to click on the stop button and then click refresh or go button to view the contents but it doesnt work for some of them. i also have nav 2004 installed in my system. i also reinstalled IE 6.
plz help and reply fast.
*adarshalumni.50webs.com
*deepakchopra.tk[url]

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Do you have a pop-up blocker installed? Yahoo toolbar and Google toolbar's have a built-in pop-up blocker. Do you have any of those, or perhaps some other toolbar with a pop-up blocker built in?

krishnathelord

In the zone
if u are using xp then popupblocker integrated with sp2 is blocking them,
to un block them notice that a information bar comes when a pop up is blocked click on it to restore :lol: 8)

godsownman

Padawan
As all of the people above have said you have to remove the blocking or just click the information bar in XP.

Incase u are using the yahoo toolbar then you have to disable it .

But remember disabling popup blockers is dangerous to the system so be careful.

saROMan

QA Juggler
hmm if you are using Opera then it also Blocks popups..press F12 to play with settings that suite you

OP
D

deepakchopra85

hi thanks every body for the reply. i forgot to tell that i have win98se. IE 6.00.2462 i don't have yahoo or google toolbar installed.

selva1966

Journeyman
I am also facing same problem -popups do not open - in rediffmail like deeepakchopra85. MY system is window XP home with SP2, firefox and zonealarm pro firewall. I do not think when you open any link in rediff mail you get windows intergerated popupblocker seen. Is it integrated firefox popup blocker? Even here the FF blockuppoper option is NOT seen so that you can modify it to show popups. :( :(

anubhav_har

In the zone
If you use IE6 it has an inbult popup blocker check if it is on. If you use MSN,Yahoo or Google toolbars they also have popup blockers. Check them out.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
anubhav_har said:
If you use IE6 it has an inbult popup blocker check if it is on. If you use MSN,Yahoo or Google toolbars they also have popup blockers. Check them out.

Are you guys crazy? He clearly mentioned he uses win 98 se. So no question of ie popup blocker as it is only in IE 6 SP1 on Win XP SP2.

Read Q's properly.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
selva1966 said:
I am also facing same problem -popups do not open - in rediffmail like deeepakchopra85. MY system is window XP home with SP2, firefox and zonealarm pro firewall. I do not think when you open any link in rediff mail you get windows intergerated popupblocker seen. Is it integrated firefox popup blocker? Even here the FF blockuppoper option is NOT seen so that you can modify it to show popups. :( :(

:arrow: remove the inbuilt windows pop-up blocker ...
go to internet options > privacy tab nd in the bottom of the window uncheck "block Pop-ups"

:arrow: remove pop-up blocking feature frm firefox by ....
go to tools > options > web features tab on left hand side > nd uncheck "block pop-ups"

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: ohhh by the way ur the first person iam meeting who WANTS pop-ups...!!!!

OP
D

deepakchopra85

grinning_devil said:
selva1966 said:

:arrow: remove the inbuilt windows pop-up blocker ...
go to internet options > privacy tab nd in the bottom of the window uncheck "block Pop-ups"

:arrow: remove pop-up blocking feature frm firefox by ....
go to tools > options > web features tab on left hand side > nd uncheck "block pop-ups"

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: ohhh by the way ur the first person iam meeting who WANTS pop-ups...!!!!

hi
i want to enable popups in *irctc.co.in/ as when i click to book a railway ticket a popup opens and i am unable to see it. even when i click a link which opens in a new window it doesnt show up. i dont want unuseful popups but i want useful banners.
i have nav2004 installed in my comp.
i have even reinstalled iexplorer 6 but still the same problem.

Charley

Just Do It
In Opera/Firefox there is a setting in the options/preferneces menu where u can disable the option of barring the pop ups. Then u can just pop it up.

selva1966

Journeyman
Thanks dheeraj_kumar. I have disabled Ad blocking in ZA Pro and my problem is now solved :lol:

Thinking that the problem was with rediffmail, I even changed my e-mail id for digit forum to gmail as I was watching some of the threads and rediffmail (I thought) was not opening the links :evil:

Poor me :cry: :cry:

Thanks once again :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom