Poor Sound Quality from Realtek Sound Card

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Guys,

So my Realtek sound card produces really low quality sound. I have tested with various headphones and various sound settings but it is nowhere close to the sound obtained from my rockboxed sansa clip plus. I have come to the conclusion that the soundcard is mediocre at best.

My budget for a new Sound Card + Speaker combo is 15k. What would you recommend. I value crispness and clarity of sound more than bass. I like listening to piano instrumentals, pop songs, old hindi songs.

Thanks,
Srikant

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Asus Xonar DX + Swans D1080-IV . Get the Swans at Swan (HiVi)

These will rival stereo setups costing twice or thrice as much.
E

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
though i haven't heard them, the swans are much acclaimed. for your usage and genres of music, a 2.0 stereo set-up would be apt.
also, i've happened to listened to klipsch pro media 2. if you find yourself inclining towards a 2.1 set-up for any reason, these ought to be what you should be looking for. there's a member on TE with these speakers ('blackhawk'). you may request him his feedback on them. but anyway, i don't think you would need anything beyond a 2.0 set-up, like of the swans, as suggested by inci above.
for card, yes, xonar dx!

another option could be to invest more on the sound-card, like a xonar st or stx, and spend the rest on (custom-built) 2.0 speakers from the likes of DNM audio, etc. (if you can source a pair of active-monitors/speakers for under/about 7-8k, but would be tough). they are good as well. if you are open to buying used products, that will also be good, and can ease the budgetary-woes. head-over to HFV and place a WTB request there, either for the sound-card or the speakers, or both. ;)

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION] & [MENTION=120775]GhorMaanas[/MENTION]

Guys, Can you suggest quality 2.0 Speakers for PC as well as LEDTV use
Budget range from 5k upto 10k. It should fill up rooms of 120 - 150 Sq. feet.
[MENTION=113264]srkmish[/MENTION] sorry for the hijacking your thread.

Thanks in Advance

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
No, Srikant won't mind. his query has already been resolved. ;)

why 2.0 system specifically? due to the smaller room/sub placement issue? for watching TV, a system with a sub will provide a more fulfilling experience IMO. on PC, do you intend to listen to more of music than use them for watching movies?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
For TV get a 2.1 like the Klipsch Promedia 2.1if you like exciting forward sound or Swans M10 if you like warm laid back sound.Klipsch will be over budget but is great for the money. Swans are well within your budget and is a great for long listening sessions.

Top Bottom