poor quality rendering

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh_nk22

Journeyman
hi,
I have edited a mpg file in adobe premier,and i want to save /export this file as a video CD, problem is movie or mpg file which is created is not of the same quality as the original CD, i tried lot of options/project settings but nothing cud help.

Does anyone knows how this can be done.

Regards

digiFriend

In the zone
rendering also depends on how powerful your system is.
in adobe premier,go to sequence-then click "render work area".this will do rendering of your project. once rendering is done then export it. if you export in AVI format then again you have to convert to vcd format.
if you are new to video editing go for easy software like "ulead videostudio 10"

OP
R

rajesh_nk22

Journeyman
My problem is not that rendering is slow, problem is , video quality is not same as original movie, i mean picture quality.

OP
R

rajesh_nk22

Journeyman
I am using adobe premier 6 , i rendered u using following settings...

1. Project Settings
DV_NTSC
Standard 32kHz

after adding/editing mpg file to project(this original mpg file is very clear),

i exported that using
Save for web
setting : MPEG -> 2X CDROM - NTSC 352X240

=============

after completing of above process, i opened file in windows media player, and found, quality of movie very bad, i mean it looks very shabby in full screen.

Please tel where i am going wrong, or please tel the procedure of exporting, my only requirement is that, i want to cut some part from movie cds, edit etc and create a VCD of my work for giving to my friends.

G

gxsaurav

mpeg files of VCD are usually of the resolution 352X288

which premiere pro version it is, i think, when starting the editing phase u selected a low quality video codec, such as Microsoft video 1 or Intel Indeo, & then now u r exporting at the same quality,

Low quality video is for previewing, not exporting

u should re-check your export settings & make sure, u r not saving at a resolution higher then the source

digiFriend

In the zone
ntfs file format is for america, for asia use PAL format.
(NTSC video cd will not be watchable on INDIAN PAL system TV).
PAL vcd/mpeg1 contain:
resolution: 352*288
fps: 25
video data rate: 1150Kbps
Audio data rate: 224Kbps
the above data should be there in your vcd file.

Adobe premiere-file-export-adobe media encoder
select
format: "MPEG1-VCD"
Preset: "pal VCD high quality Standard"
give file name and save.

now atleast watch twice this file in media player. first time media player might not get enough resources as you watch directly after rendering.playing immeditaley second time will give better view.
your full screen resolution is atleast 800*600 and remember the resolution of vcd file is only 352*288. vcd file are not ment to view full screen on computer monitor.

Last edited:
OP
R

rajesh_nk22

Journeyman
friend i cudnt find this "Adobe premiere-file-export-adobe media encoder" I am using premiere 6, i have file and export timeline in that i dont have adobe media encoder, instead it has option "save to web" and in that i have choice to export to mpeg either in pal ntsc and i tried both , but still the quality is very poor? Is exporting to vcd not possible in adobme premiere 6?

I tried almost all options, from project setting to export settings, but nothing cud help me.

digiFriend

In the zone
sorry, for the solution i have given is for" ABOBE premiere pro 1.5"
other lenghtly way is there for adobe premire 6 ,go for AVI export.
AVI has file resolution of 720*576. but it is very harddisk hungry file. (5 minutes avi file=1G.B harddisk space),another problem if you are having fat32 file system .it has file limit size of 2 G.B, but if you are using window xp then it will auto name another file after 2g.b).
1) export that file as *AVI format with PAL option.
2)nero cd burn software-select make vcd, select the AVI which you have made.
NERO will now convert AVI into VCD format, It will be very time consuming process.
3)burn it to the cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom