• Canon Powershot S3 IS

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilpoddar

Broken In
Hi Guys,
I am really into a great dilemma. After reviewing tons of cameras, i have narrowed it down to this two. Further, i can't decide which is the best. Plz help me in deciding as i want to buy one in this week.

Last edited:

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
I have H5... never faced ne problem... the picture quality is xcellent....with tonnes of features.....

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Me too had the same dilemma u were having aound 2 months back.
Now I've a H5 with me.
Bottomline:
If u want dust-free pics, try the H5, which is around 3k more than S3.
Both have same specs, except for the fact that H5 has 1megapix more, a 3" LCD (largest in prosumers) while S3 has a swivel LCD. S3 also scores a little in the video dept with a little better video.. very little. H5 also has a higher purple fringing. But that can be reduced by Photoshop.

I'm very happy with my H5.
For u, just point out what u want... list +ves & -ves.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I'm gonna buy S3 within 10 days. I too had this dilemma. After checking and browsing through many sites, I feel S3 will suit me.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
dhan_shh, these r prosumer cameras. Most Prosumers & all point&shooters don't work on raw. Only jpegs.
So.. H5 doesn't. And so doesn't the S3.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
S3IS is one of the best cams in the market that is available 2day...go for it...u wont regret buying it!

sting

Journeyman
drgrudge said:
I'm gonna buy S3 within 10 days. I too had this dilemma. After checking and browsing through many sites, I feel S3 will suit me.

Where u going to buy that, how much it cost in dubai ?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
The official prices available from Canon is Dhs 1700 (Rs 20,400) inclusive of 1 GB card. The price of H5 is Dhs 1800 (Rs 21,600) inclusive of 512 MB card.

I'm not sure where I'll buy. But I'm looking for shops that sell at around Dhs 1600 (Rs 19,200).

hailgautam

Youngling
It would no be fair to judge one camera as best, rather i would say S3 is better of the both. This is because S3 has it has better performance when it comes to features and operation.

See DCViews Review

I prefer Sony camera rather than a Canon because of Sony's Service, which makes me feel more comfortable. But I might end up buying a Canon. One good thing that I noticed on the Canon is the Exposure bracketing & Focus bracketing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom