[Poll] Retail Games - Expensive or Not?

Retail Games - Expensive or Not?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

windrider

Broken In
Do you think retail (original) games are too expensive in India? Please vote in the poll! Also post your reasons for your choice.

T

thunderbird.117

It is not expensive for those who are working. It is expensive for school or college students and parents who can not afford or parents who does not buy games for them.

Instead of talking about price. The availability of games is very less. For example. I have waited for metal gear solid 2 for pc for two years. I have gone to many computer shops nobody has it. The kept saying next week and then next week and then one of the shop keeper who sell original games in MG road in bangalore told me that he will give a pirated copy for RS:2500 and i was totally shocked the original game cost somewhere around 1500. I brought metal gear solid 1 for RS:2500. It is a original copy and i gave to a friend who in return gave me scratched cd :(. Then i got loads of error msg and then i have to download the game to play it again.

Then comes another story. I waited for getting act of war: high treason. I could not find the games anywhere in bangalore. The game got released on march 16th 2006 and i got the game this month. That too i got the game from germany not from india. I asked one of friend. She send me the game.

bkpeerless

In the zone
thats the reason why indian gamers have to go for pairated games. i bought original tomb raider legends for more than rs 2000 and completed it in one week and started spending sleepless nights :(. after this i decided to buy pairated games. satisfied,happy.......:)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
thunderbird.117 said:
It is not expensive for those who are working. It is expensive for school or college students and parents who can not afford or parents who does not buy games for them.

Instead of talking about price. The availability of games is very less. For example. I have waited for metal gear solid 2 for pc for two years. I have gone to many computer shops nobody has it. The kept saying next week and then next week and then one of the shop keeper who sell original games in MG road in bangalore told me that he will give a pirated copy for RS:2500 and i was totally shocked the original game cost somewhere around 1500. I brought metal gear solid 1 for RS:2500. It is a original copy and i gave to a friend who in return gave me scratched cd :(. Then i got loads of error msg and then i have to download the game to play it again.

Then comes another story. I waited for getting act of war: high treason. I could not find the games anywhere in bangalore. The game got released on march 16th 2006 and i got the game this month. That too i got the game from germany not from india. I asked one of friend. She send me the game.

While I totally agree with you on all points, I disagree on the first point, if you earn something like 10,000 a game a month @ 2500 Rs is still ultra expensive. even if you make 20000 a month you pay 1/8 of your pay buying a single game. Now that's rather undesirable.

T

thunderbird.117

vimal_mehrotra said:
I voted for "not costly,i can buy them"(but I usually don't:D)

What are you working?. :D

I will be more than happy to spend 2000RS. If the game come with unlimited gameplay (neverending), Mod and to backup the dvd. I.e :- Games which does not come with copy protection.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
sorry for sticking my ass in:D but It means games like battlefield 2 and sports or racing games,which are not tied to a story and go on and on.

T

thunderbird.117

pathiks said:
@thunderbird.. Wat do u mean by unlimited gameplay??

The game that never ends. Games like NeverWinter Night 2, Elder Scrolls : The Oblivion, Grand Theft Auto.

Games which has FreeRoam is never ending. The game that which never ever ends.

Future Never Ending games are :-

1. Grand Theft Auto 4
2. Alan Wake.
3. Assassin Creed.

Battle Field is never ending only in online but in offline. I have no idea. I never played that game.

I usually spent my time only on offline games.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
pra_2006 said:
i buy only pirated games becauz they r so much cheap and i sells them ,if anyone want to buy in delhi then contact me okay Latest DVD games for RS 80
^^^^ PIRACY BEING ADVERTISED. Please delete it or a mod will take action.

Last edited:
OP
windrider

windrider

Broken In
Yes, please delete that post.

The multiplayer version of FEAR is free to download and play online legally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom