Not open for further replies.

ammusk

Journeyman
Is the ipod any good
i mean it is a bit on the steep side at the price of around 20k
and also why buy it when u get a mp3 cd walkman for around 1.5k

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
well, i dont know abt chennai prices, but i had inquired abt ipods in mumbai and a 4 gb ipod costed 12k. its indeed worth it if u dont want to carry 6-7 cds all along with u to listen to ur favourite songs. also, easy scrolling for songs is a plus point.
btw, there r many other mp3 players around too, those which also additional features like have fm radio, memory expansion (with mmc or sd cards), voice recording, etc of various brands like transcend, creative, etc. at prices ranging from 5k to 15k. just check around some shops and inquire abt them bfor making a desicion.
well, i myself have a umax vega 203 which i bought in an extreme hurry in a lack-of-choice situation (big mistake) for 5k and has some of the features mentioned above. but i wudnt advice u buying that coz it has only a measly 265 mb built in memory ad i had to shell out extra cash for mmc cards to accomodate my favourite songs. and one big down point is it runs on AAA size batteries and u'll need to spend more. so if u're buying a portable mp3 player, one important point to see is that if the player has a built-in rechargeable battery.

coming back to ur post, i've heard a lot abt apple's quality, so they say its worth the money.

but if u dont want to spend a fortune and r willing to carry cds along with u, a cd-mp3 player is just fine.
:)

V

vishal_bhatia87

What are you saying a cd? Why a cd walkman when you can send the music equal to over 1000 cds in one small device "iPod" It simply rocks.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Well I think there are cheaper alternatives..

IPod is way too costly...
Don't know why so many people prefer it...

khandu

In the zone
u can go for a simpler version of ipod like 1GB shuffle..

u can get it for around 7800..

And quality is damn good.. and if u r not a total music freak u can stick to a good CD player..

Dont know for the cheap brands of 1-2K.. not worth it.. they get spoilet very fast.. go for a good one like panasonic MP3/VCD player with remote etc.. 5-6K i guess..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom