Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me out of it!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
I am having a system with win xp on a 40 gb hdd having 4 partitions i.e. c,d,e,f all things were going fine but few days before on starting my computer i got some message that one of the file of os is corrupt & i need to reinstall it so i installed a fresh copy of win xp pro on c drive and i am facing a problem that i was having password protected account before and my document folder containing my imp office files were on d: drive but after istalling a fresh copy of win xp i am not able to acess my my document folder when i try to open it says acess denied plzzzz help
.The files inside r very important to me........................................

hack expert

In the zone
all u have to do is repair the older version of win xp installaition
or have u overwritten the old installation
well if u have overwritten the docu n setting folders is not changed and hence the folders are still private

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
humm..

I think win98SE would b a good idia... get a win98SE cd... or a boot up floppy disk made from Win98SE system... boot from them... run ur system command promt.... i think it should allow u 2 access that folder...

OP
eagle_y2j

eagle_y2j

Youngling
@ saurav_cheeta frnd i forget to specify my all of drives r formated with NTFS file system so...................!!!!!!!!!!!

JAK

What the Heck !
eagle_y2j said:
I am having a system with win xp on a 40 gb hdd having 4 partitions i.e. c,d,e,f all things were going fine but few days before on starting my computer i got some message that one of the file of os is corrupt & i need to reinstall it so i installed a fresh copy of win xp pro on c drive and i am facing a problem that i was having password protected account before and my document folder containing my imp office files were on d: drive but after istalling a fresh copy of win xp i am not able to acess my my document folder when i try to open it says acess denied plzzzz help
.The files inside r very important to me........................................

hmm..
shouldn't be much of a problem...

Go to --> My Computer --> RightClick on D drive -->Properties-->Go to "Security" Tab-->Click on "Advanced"--->Goto "Owner" tab--->Select ur name there and also tick mark "Replace owner on..."-->Apply...

DONE.....
Hope this helps...
:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom