Plzzzzz HELP me : Internet EXplorer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yours_truly

Broken In
Hi frnds
Plz help me out on this one

IE was affected with cydoors application.I manually deleted cd_load.exe and also some other files having garbage filenames and company "Melcosoft Corp" possssibly trojans or spyware
Now IE fails to load any web page .When a site is requested,it simply opens the 'file Download' dialog box .Even offline html files r not opened giving error msg " Unable to send command to the program"

I had earlier installed SP1 ..Now i cant reinstall IE or IE SP! as i says "newer version present"

Is there any soultion . I desperately need IE as i work in Visual Studio.NET regularly
Plz help mods plzz

Deep

Version 2.0
I will suggest that if you are using Windows XP then update it with Service Pack 2

i think it shall do the job....

if you are using other OS then let me know..

Deep

Tech&ME

Banned
You need not uninstall and then install IE , u can repair IE go to the following link to know more about it.

*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378

Method 2 is as follows:
An even easier way of reinstalling IE in Windows XP is this: make sure you have the options for showing hidden files and folders turned on in Folder Options -> View of Control Panel. Then find the file called Ie.inf in the Windows\Inf folder. Right click it, and select the Install option from the Context Menu that scrolls out.

Use the secound method at your own risk!

aadipa

Padawan
u can remove IE but then 90% of ur system will be useless
IE is tightly integreted into newer OS so don't remove it.
but u can start using alternatives.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
hmm no need to remove IE just install firefox and start using it :D
*www.getfirefox.com

BTW AGENT_SMITH sup with avatar? that gives a lotta double meaning :p u know what i mean :D

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

[deXter]

Journeyman
Your best option would be to (re)install XP SP2.

Alternatively you can also type: sfc /scannow in your Start -> Run.

Note:

To reinstall only Internet Explorer 6 use the following registry key:
(Start -> Run -> Regedit)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}

Right-click the IsInstalled (REG_DWORD) value, and then click Modify.
Change the value data from 1 to 0, and then click OK.
Quit Registry Editor, and then install Internet Explorer 6.

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

OP
Y

yours_truly

Broken In
Hi all
Thanx a lot for the overwhelming response . I would readily use Firefox for browsing ,in fact,doin it right now. but the thing is I use ASP.net and no way of testing the pages except in IE so u see IE is essential for me

I took ur advice and insalled XP SP2 ,but the problem persists.In fact tis worsened , not a single help file (eg when i click on Help & Support Center) opens .It gives me a security warning
"Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloadeD"

And same ol story with IE ,just the title bar displays the page heading but nO HTML content is displayed

I tried to reinstall IE by modifying the "IsInstall " subkey in registry but to no avail

Ill post the Hijackhis logfile here but i dont think spyware's at play here as i have manually hunted down every piece of it even removed an IE add-on that was changing he home page everytime

Any other soln i wud be grateful

[deXter]

Journeyman
Hmm.. If you are going to such lengths, then the fastest and easiest solution would be a format and a reinstall :)

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

Deep

Version 2.0
i hope you are using Administrator user

check it here start - run - control userpasswrds2

select advanced tab - press advacned button..

see Admin user is present or not...

if present then login using that user and see whats happening...

Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom