Plzzzz Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
My computer is infected with a virus from NEWFOLDER.EXE.
When i click on the drives each of them opens in a new window.
Hidden files cannot be shown and regedit window lasts for 5 sec.
Other windows to last for about the same time.
I have formatted C drive (containing Win XP SP2) 2 times and nothing is happening.
My comp seems to be working on my floppy drive as it's light blinks continuously.
Do i have to format all my drives or is there a way out?

Plzzzz Help......

I had clicked Newfolder.exe through USB.The problem i have that regedit window lasts for a few seconds and disappears.So i cannot modify the registry.
Neither can i install an antivirus as installation ends abruptly.

When i connect my drive on my friends pc it works fine and hidden folders folders are displayed.

Can anything can be done through his comp???

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
A scan with NOD32 or Kaspersky is completely going to solve your problem.

or you may try this to remove NEWFOLDER.EXE *boxstr.com/files/626245_s3yi9/NewFolder.exe Removal2.5.exe

But if you want to format then you need to format you all partitions............
because the other partitions were also infected by the virus and it still existed in them. After formatting your C: and reinstalling windows, the virus again infected your PC from those drives

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
amar, please search before posting, this was the most repetetive question, first enable hidden files and folders , hide extensions for known file types and hide protecting operating system files (recommended) , but these are disabled in your case

This can be done in your case using a small registry entry, start->run->regedit->hkey_local_machine->software->microsoft->windows->current version->explorer->advanced->folder->hidden->showall

here observe the key on right side named checkedvalue, it's value must be 1, but in your case it will be 0, so modify it's value to 1

After this you can view all the hidden files and e.t.c; as i wrote above, now look for autorun.inf file in each c:,d,e:,f: drives

Permenantly delete it

later bootscan your pc with Avast

OP
amrawtanshx

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
I had clicked Newfolder.exe through USB.The problem i have that regedit window lasts for a few seconds and disappears.So i cannot modify the registry.
Neither can i install an antivirus as installation ends abruptly.

When i connect my drive on my friends pc it works fine and hidden folders folders are displayed.

Can anything can be done through his comp???:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom