Plzz help me hl2..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Now that you have the demo and Steam both in place, you will have to create an account in Steam. Once you have the account in Steam, login into it. It will check for the Valve games installed on your system and will proceed with de-crypting the HL2 demo game files. Once all the game files have been decrypted, the demo would be ready for offline play. Now you can enjoy the demo.

P.S. If you want to curse Valve for crappy Steam, now is the right time! :)

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
i have created steam account. now steam is downloadinghl2 files.time is given to be 6 hrs. so wahat is the use of downloading the 715 mb file

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Thats precisely why I said now's the best time to moan how crappy Steam can be! :)

To prevent HL2 from being pirated, Valve came up with Steam. Now when you install the game demo or full version, the game files are in an encrypted form and not ready for play. Steam will connect to the Steam servers and decrypt the game files so that the game would be ready for offline play.

The time being displayed is the time that it will take to decrypt all the files and make HL2 availble for offline play. I guess the Steam servers are too busy today. Generally people with dial-up have been able to decrypt the full-version game files in around 4 hrs. Thats what most of them whom I talked with have told me. Wonder why your demo is showing so much of time.

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
but i am not able to install the demo. whenevcer i click on steam..hl2.exe the setup opens but after selecting the fiolder to copy files it copies few files and stops and leaves .so i have only a few fils in F:\steam folder .what to do

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Seems like a corupted installation file or something. If I remember right, when I started installing HL2 demo, first it copied a few files, then it fired up Steam and connected to it's servers to decrypt the data.

Try re-installing Steam and see if it works.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
ctrl_alt_del said:
Thats precisely why I said now's the best time to moan how crappy Steam can be! :)

To prevent HL2 from being pirated, Valve came up with Steam.

steam has only encouraged users to get a pirated copy, if u buy the game u will end up in cursing the steam funda. it really sucks . i am surprised to read here that that u have to connet to steam to play the demo too :shock: . this is some real frustrating cr@p :evil: :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom