Plzz Explain this ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
My frd formatted his system last night installed SP2 & norton 2005 after tht properly updated the antivirus definitions ...

Now,from the morning his system is not at all booting it ssays tht U r too low on virtual memory! & another error says tht Ur page size 0MB ..we tried changing page file size but it asks for restart after tht .... & after restart again the same errors R coming .. plzz help us! as it's a new problem to us .. :x

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
i think your pagefile has somehow been corrupted
pagefile is just a file ( a system file ) and it can get corrupted due to various reasons ..

do this ..
set 'no paging file' in all drives and restart computer ..
then set it again to 'system managed' or watever u want

or
set 'no paging file' in your OS's drive ( c-drive or watever it is ) and set it in some other drive ( say d-drive )
then restart computer
and if everything is alright .. set it back to normal

____
alibi

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
hey ankit try this site for a while till i work on sometin else for ya
*aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php
*www.answers.vt.edu/ask4help/desktop/vtkb1550.htm

swatkat

Technomancer
what is ur system config??
MS said:
This issue may occur with certain Intel chipsets -- for example, the Intel D845WN motherboard or the Intel 815 graphics chipset.
install Intel Application Accelerator, provided in nur Mobo CD or download it here (link given in the below kb article)...
*support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316528

if this does not help, relocate the page file to Windows directory in the drive it is present.....and then change the size....do not forget to click Set after making changes..

OP
Y

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
Thanks! a lot people for all ur valuable suggestions dunno Y but the problem is solved on its own he booted ... the system in Last Good Known Configuration ..& :D it's working fine now ... & thx! Swatcat for reming me abt this:
change the size....do not forget to click Set after making changes..[/Quote/] ...

I forgot to do this ..when i logged in his computer in safe mode .... I think tht's only Y his problem was not solving!! & thx! alib_i for ur suggestion instead i forgot to click on "set".. but i think the file wasn't corrupted ..but tell me does this really happen a file corruption tht U mentioned in future i'll take care of this too thx! yaar .. & Allwyn as always .. thx! yaar !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom