Plz suggest new config.. (update on already referred config)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsreality

Broken In
Hello friends!

Two Months back, I had discussed here in this forum itself about upgrading my computer but due to some problems I could not buy the PC then... But now I have decided to upgrade my comp. I have a budget of 40k.

This was the configuration that I had finalized then. The prices quoted are 2 months old.

• Intel C2D E6300 = 8.2k
  • Asus P5N-E SLI = 7.8k
  • Corsair 1GB DDRII = 5k
  • 320GB SATA II = 3.85k
  • Samsung 17" 740N LCD = 9.9k
  • Good Grfx Card (?)
I would like to know if I should go with this configuration or suggest a better hardware within 40k.

Should I go for 17" or 19" LCD?

Also plz suggest a good grfx card... Comp will be used for gaming and multimedia so i need a decent grfx card.

Here is the link to the previous thread where this was discussed.

Thanks!

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
My Suggestions

Go for 19inch Widescreen, hardly price differnce :) Also rather than 1GB corsair RAM for 5000. It would be much better to get 2GB Kingston RAM or 3GB Dynet RAM at same price :)

OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
2GB Kingston for the same price? Really...? I didn't mention but it should be 667 MHz.. Not heard of Dynet..

By the way, I have no experience of buying hardwares on the net so if these are internet rates then its no use.. i usually buy from my vendor in Nagpur.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
go for 2gb not any more ...& all other choices r just fine.. have u considered amd their prices have been slashed

OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
Wel.. i did check AMD's but their availability is a big question mark here in Nagpur. So will stick to C2D only... yes 2GB seems good.

Guys, plz suggest a grfx card too.

sakumar79

Technomancer
If you stick with C2D, go for E6320 instead of E6300 - better performance (4MB Cache) for similar price (8400 at Chennai Delta Peripherals). But IMHO, you should go for AMD X2 proccy and save cash in it for spending more on the gfx card since you are into gaming and multimedia...

Arun

ssk_the_gr8

what is ur budget for gfx card? & cum on man if amd is so freely available at my place ranchi..then it will definetly be available in nagpur...& u should goo for amd athlon 64 x2 4600+ (rs 6000) performance is better than e6300 & for mobo go for msi k9nu neo v (3800...very good atx mobo ..check out digit review)

OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
@ssk429

2 months back when i checked out the C2D's of Intel and AMD, I found that Intel was performing better and I had got recommendations for Intel... has this changed now? also the proccy and mobo u suggested... wud that allow me to play games like NFS Carbon?

My grfx card budget is arnd 5-6k.

@sakumar79
i will check out the E6320.. as yt I had only heard of E6(3,4,6,7)00...

@ssk29, as far as gaming and overclocking goes, Intel still beats AMD.

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
Intel beats AMD in overclocking, but for the same budget, I think AMD can beat Intel in gaming because it has better motherboards, and since it costs less to get AMD proccy+mobo pair than a Intel pair, you can get a better gfx card...

Arun

Edburg

In the zone
Choosing between intel and AMD now depends on if u overclock ur PC.AMD is cheaper,good price/performance ratio and good mobo available for cheap rates.Intel C2D is better performer but comes at a higher cost and good mobo is expensive but is tremendous value if overclocked.

So if u overclock i would suggest u go with E4300 for Rs.5200 as 4xxx series are easier to overclock with cheaper mobo and RAM as it has lower FSB speed and then spend the extra money u saved on better graphic card as u mentioned gaming.

And remember to choose good monitor,KB/Mouse,etc as these make a PC better to use.I went wrong in this dept. with my PC.

Who

Guess Who's Back
here is my pick for a good balanced key componets

Athlon 64 X2 4800+
EVGA 122-M2-NF59-TR
Kingstone 2 GB DDR 2 -667 mhz
GeForce 8800GTS 320MB
Logitech X-530 5.1 70W Speakers

pick the LCD,keyboard & mouse etc things as it suits you, but if you can get all the things mentioned above , (you can even go for a littile cheap motherbard if you want) , but i can assure you this rig can play most games on 1280 x 1024 with max settings.

OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
sakumar79 said:
Intel beats AMD in overclocking, but for the same budget, I think AMD can beat Intel in gaming because it has better motherboards, and since it costs less to get AMD proccy+mobo pair than a Intel pair, you can get a better gfx card...

Arun

No doubt AMD pairs are excellent in price/performance ratio but now C2D's have got good mobos to pair with.. and after going through a lot of reviews I decided on Asus P5N-E SLI. Though I have no intentions of using SLI feature anytime soon..

Edburg said:
So if u overclock i would suggest u go with E4300 for Rs.5200 as 4xxx series are easier to overclock with cheaper mobo and RAM as it has lower FSB speed and then spend the extra money u saved on better graphic card as u mentioned gaming.

I agree with u, E4300 is an excellent overclocker than E6300 but I am not an overclocking enthusiast so i wont be taking the proccy and straightaway get into overclocking.. i am thinking of doing that later. Though I might go for E4300 to accomodate a suitable grfx card..

Edburg said:
And remember to choose good monitor,KB/Mouse,etc as these make a PC better to use.I went wrong in this dept. with my PC.

Yes, and i think Samsung 19" Widescreen LCD's are as low as 12k?

smit said:
here is my pick for a good balanced key componets

Athlon 64 X2 4800+
EVGA 122-M2-NF59-TR
Kingstone 2 GB DDR 2 -667 mhz
GeForce 8800GTS 320MB
Logitech X-530 5.1 70W Speakers

pick the LCD,keyboard & mouse etc things as it suits you, but if you can get all the things mentioned above , (you can even go for a littile cheap motherbard if you want) , but i can assure you this rig can play most games on 1280 x 1024 with max settings.

What kind of config is that? :confused: The mobo u mentioned has not got good reviews at all! And the grfx card you mentioned cost arnd 25k if i m not wrong? that's a bit too much 4 me!

Last edited:

Who

Guess Who's Back
xsreality said:
What kind of config is that? :confused: The mobo u mentioned has not got good reviews at all! And the grfx card you mentioned cost arnd 25k if i m not wrong? that's a bit too much 4 me!

Lol no, yes it true that AMD X2 4800 + is not as powerful as a C2D but it comes cheaper , it perfomes good & in the end it saves money so you can buy a good card , also the graphics card costs around 17k & by choosing AMD X2 over C2D you will save a good 3k-4k over the mobo, also word of advise don't go for 1 GB of ram, GET 2 gb of ram. yeah you can you go for a good headphone or 2.1 speaks if you want.

ssk_the_gr8

go for this mobo ...msi k9nu neo v

with ur limited budget it is best u go for amd athlon64 x2 4600+ or 4800+... & buy nvidia 8600gts or gt whichever suits ur budget

satyamy

Alive Again...
Guys my question is also the Same
My Friend need a PC
The PC with Booming Performance
he has Monitor
HE needs a New PC excluding monitor to use his engineering Programme which need very big CPU & memory
so pls suggest me some good config

I am thinking of Intel Core 2 Duo (may be E6300 or higher) Pls tell me some good one with Price

& 2, 3 or 4 GB ram's Price
I have no idea for :( :( in motherboard, so also pls suggest me a good motherboard may be intel or any one with good performance which support all the above CPU & RAM

that it
rest HDD, DVD, SMPS, Graphics Card -Rest i will find

Thanks

ssk_the_gr8

satyamy said:
Guys my question is also the Same
My Friend need a PC
The PC with Booming Performance
he has Monitor
HE needs a New PC excluding monitor to use his engineering Programme which need very big CPU & memory
so pls suggest me some good config

I am thinking of Intel Core 2 Duo (may be E6300 or higher) Pls tell me some good one with Price

& 2, 3 or 4 GB ram's Price
I have no idea for :( :( in motherboard, so also pls suggest me a good motherboard may be intel or any one with good performance which support all the above CPU & RAM

that it
rest HDD, DVD, SMPS, Graphics Card -Rest i will find

Thanks

it would be better if u start a new thread...& also plz mention the budget

OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
@smith & ssk_the_gr8
u both are suggesting AMD pairs with a high-end grfx card.. but wudnt it be better to go for Intel pair with a decent grfx card for a start... the grfx card can be changed later (DX10 cards are on the way anyway..).

Coz I am sure I wont be changing my proccy+mobo for atleast 2yrs. So better get a good pair and also this ASUS mobo is quite feature-rich and i like it!

ok.. so here is the updated config...

• Intel C2D E6300
  • Asus P5N-E SLI
  • Kingston 2GB DDRII 667
  • 320GB SATA II
  • Samsung 19" Widescreen TFT (740BW)
  • XFX 7600GT

Plz give a tentative price list for the abv config... and plz dont quote net prices like ebay or others coz i m not buying on net.. preferably prices around Napgur.. i think Mumbai prices would be quite same..? :)

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

hey ...xsreality....amd is coming out with its phenom processors in the next few months which is much better than C2D so...u cud go for amd thlon64 x2 4600+ or 4800+ and a high end gfx card now & update ur proccy later. :D

OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
ssk.. man.. u hv put me in a dilemma! surely phenom processors will be costly when they will arrive..by the way what are they exactly? are they equivalent to quad core proccys? I dont think i would be able to upgrade my proccy+mobo so soon after buying! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom