• N 82

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

paradisevikas

Jack of all Trades.
hi,
frndz probably this my 1st thread im in a very difficult problem 2dy so plz help me
1 st thing i hv budget of rs 15 k
i hv done a primary resrch on SE 790 i, htc s710,n82 and couple of other phones
i know that all of these phones r different in thier aspect but SE790 bcoz i liked v much, htc s710 bcoz it windows based n nt touch screen n integrated keyboard, nokia n82 becoz its nokia man!!!
my key reqirments wud b d phone must b vvvvv easy 2 use, shud b tough so that it may last long in my dad's hand (so that may be remembered as 1 of d good things)
he may use net occasionally means surfing only (so that i set d home pg to watch his live lme's that can b accessed quickly )
cam nt that hifi bt shud take good snaps, good music playback
must support good set of s/w as i may use it occasionally.d phone is priferable nt 2 b touchsceen.must hv killer black looks
,must b light in weight,reflect as a royal thing in his hands,
n last but not d least must convey my love n regards towards him as probably this wud b my first gift for my DAD.
by the way thanks in advance
plz help me n post ur opinions

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Get the N73 Music Edition. It looks great in black, has a huge display, stereo speakers, 3.2mpix auto focus camera with flash and CIF resolution video recording, Symbian S60 OS (so you can install lots of app, games, themes, etc.), fm radio, music player with A2DP (comes with 2gb card), etc.

The phone is very popular and highly sought after. It'll make a great gift and would look great in anybody's hands. It'll cost you about 13.5k. You can spend the rest of the money to buy a higher quality earphones like Creative EP-630. Or if your father likes it you can give him a standard bluetooth headset too (get a black coloured one of any brand so it matches the phone). The combination will make a killer gift.

OP
P

paradisevikas

Jack of all Trades.
thank u krazyfrog .here i wud like to make favour for me. can u plz compare my choises with yours. one more thing htc s710 boasts full sliding qwerty keypad+a dedicated home page key n its a windows mobile. n does SE nt r d good choice.will u plz elaborate . i wont mind spending 1 or 2 k xtra if something really nice comes out.
thanxxx a lot

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Considering it is your dad and all, I suggest you go for the HTC as it suits him better.

But if your dad is a media junkie, go for the N73.

Also, consider the 6110 navigator. One of the best Nokia handsets I've seen in a long long time.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
i think gfor ur dad the SE k810/k800 is the way forward...a easy,classy phone for ur pockets that sports an awesum cam,a good media player,edge+opera mini 4..shall suffice to all ur needs...n73 lags a lot if not used properly..i.e.if the applications are not closed and stuff...butu dt face ne such probs with the k810...
A class phone for ur dad...

OP
P

paradisevikas

Jack of all Trades.
All dad's fall for one mobile - "the moto rockr E6"

this phone may b good for music but my dear it my nt last long as moto r a bit fancy bt they r gud for nothing ne way thanks for ur invaluable suggestion. plz dnt mind as this is my personal experience

i think gfor ur dad the SE k810/k800 is the way forward...a easy,classy phone for ur pockets that sports an awesum cam,a good media player,edge+opera mini 4..shall suffice to all ur needs...n73 lags a lot if not used properly..i.e.if the applications are not closed and stuff...butu dt face ne such probs with the k810...
A class phone for ur dad...

dost se800 is nt avilable with bill here in jaipur .so that would b a biiiiiiig problem in this case .n se810 keypad is nt good n comfertable.( i had holded its dummy in my hand). is 790 nt a worthy phone keeping 3g aside

Considering it is your dad and all, I suggest you go for the HTC as it suits him better.

But if your dad is a media junkie, go for the N73.

Also, consider the 6110 navigator. One of the best Nokia handsets I've seen in a long long time.

even i liked htc s710 very much bt do u have ne personal xperience wid it as battary life is also equally important. plz reply n thankx

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Windows Mobile is just not as easy to use or user friendly as Symbian OS. A technologically challenged person will go nuts with it. Symbian phones despite being smartphones are just as easy to use as a regular phone. Most people won't even notice its a smartphone.

K790i would've made a good gift, but it lacks a big enough screen and software support (don't tell me about those java apps. They're lame and cannot come close to symbian or wm apps). Plus K790i doesn't even look that great. You can verify yourself. Just take a K790i and a N73 ME in your hands and judge which one looks better.

If your dad is not gonna type a lot then he won't need a qwerty keypad. And in case he does i'll suggest Nokia E61i or SE P1i. Otherwise N73 ME will suit him just fine. And i've used it. Its not slow or lag or anything.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
well dude..let me tell u..the k810 has an awesum keypad..my frnd uses it and with time..the keys become vry soft and u gt addicted to that thing...

A for ur dads needs i dont really see u getting him a symbian phone of which he wont have ne use...the k790/k810 has xenon for awesum low light photos...and if u want to give him a business phone i guess the E61i or the p1i or E65 will do just as good..

and yea...the n73 wont lag if u use it fr the frst 2 months or so..but aftewr that..mark my words..i had being using the 5700 for 5 months..got tired of how slow it was.and also keep the battery backup in mind...

softwares like what??pdf editor or sumthin??Then i think u can take the N73..
if not..
have u considered the T650??a metal cased phone which is a style statement whereever u go..a royal phone for a noble person...

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_t650-pictures-1984.php

OP
P

paradisevikas

Jack of all Trades.
here i wud like to add 1 more thing that both se790i n n73 are release of apr 2006n feb 2006 ie they are age old and htc s710 is feb 2007 release

Since its 4 dad and it shd look good, try a htc touch. Or the evergreen n73me

dear pathik thanks for ur reply.but htc touch is touchscreen n wud be very much complicated to be handled by my DAD.
thankx

Last edited:

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
I would actually say stretch your budget and get him an N95 8gig. It is IMHO the best phone on the market right now. period.

apacheman

Journeyman
well, dadz mostly wont access too much tech stuff, so y not get him something classy and elegant like the Nokia 6500 classic. it has 1GB inbuilt-in memory. It has the highest loudspeaker and ringtone volume. thats what matters a lot to dad's all-so important calls. hav a luk, u'll be impressed..try givin it a shot!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1458&d=1199893250

apacheman

Journeyman
well, dadz mostly wont access too much tech stuff, so y not get him something classy and elegant like the slim beauty Nokia 6500 classic. it has 1GB inbuilt-in memory. It has the highest loudspeaker and ringtone volume. thats what matters a lot to dad's all-so important calls. hav a luk, u'll be impressed..try givin it a shot! View attachment 1567
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1458&d=1199893250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom