Plz suggest a VIDEO Caputuring/Editing S/w

Status
Not open for further replies.

un

Broken In
Plz suggest a VIDEO EDITING Software to CAPTURE video from Sony HandyCAM thru USB cable, to work on my compu with following spefic. P3 800mhz, 320mb SD RAM, SIS 630 chipset with onboard video shared 64mb VRAM. I have tried Windows movie maker however unable to create vcd(see my another post on this page).

melloowmel

Broken In
Try the pinnacle Video capture software ,Power VCR,or WIN DVR. All can capture directly from USB to vcd format in MPEG PAL. No need for further conversion during the burning process. Pinnacle capture software & Power VCR are better of the 3. But knda hard to get. I have them all with me but how do I send it over to u. Hefty file size.
Anyways u can mail me at: hotjim99@yahoo.com .

OP
U

un

Broken In
My problem is flickering of movie, is it because of low resource. Plz suggest the hardware. My hardware spec. is in my first post

Journeyman
Adobe Premiere Pro is there- Not a Freeware Nor Shareware.
You can download the tryout at www.adobe.com
If you use XP - try windows movie maker. I dont know about capturing functions in movie maker but it can do basic editing.
ciao

Journeyman
sorry I did not see the part where you mentioned that you tried Windows Movie Maker already.
Well, Windows Movie Maker is the best free solution. If you cannot make VCDs directly from it , try a VCD making software.

Humm...

Big probs..

If your capturing Movie from USB 1 or 2.0, Sony cams as on 2day supports 14KB/s.. V V Low.. so switch to DV-port ie Fire-Wire 400kB/s ull C the diff.. Then you can use any soft to capture Video at high res. Ya & u meet all the min-req to capture tru fire-wire but all you need is SPACE :wink: depending upon which soft U R using..

Here even Movie-Maker does well..

Fire-wire PCI-card costs from 500~700.

The image is crystal clear.. better than DVD quality, then later u may have to reduce the quality to DVD :wink:

Ya ple don't use any capture cards like TV-tuner..

Mehul115

Right off the assembly line
U can use Ulead Video Studio 7 for capturing directly to VCD or SVCD or you can convert other captured videos to these formats.
Other softwares are Cyberlink's Power VCR,PowerDirector Pro.
Hero Video convert

curvenger

Broken In
Aodobe Premiere is the best but, the system requirements is very high, go for Ulead Video studio ... its easy to use and need lower resources!

kaysquare

Journeyman
u can use ulead videostudio 8/7. VS 5 comes with firewire card. VS can directly capture to VCD/SVCD/DVD and can smartrender. Titling is very easy.

If u want to make dvd's from ur captured video, DVD Lab from www.mediachance.com is the best application.

Shikhar

Journeyman
Earlier I used to capture video from my sony handycam using USB. But the quality was not good. I suppose as u have a sony handycam u must be definitely having the bundled software on the driver & software CD of the camera. The bundled software Pixela Imagemixer is good. However does not support batch capturing. It supports IEEE 1394 aka Firewire port.

I recently installed the Firewire port. It cost me Rs. 500 It's utility is much more than its price. I recommend u to buy it if u plan to create DVDs. However for VCD I don't see much reason to install it as u will be capturing in high quality but the final rendered video for VCD in MPEG 1 's quality will be much lower. You will be wasring ur time and also harddisk space. 1 second of DV video captured using Firewire port consumes 3.9MB approx.

It is true that u can still capture VCD quality video using firewire. I have used Videostudio 8 to capture DVD quality video but the program did not stop capturing even though repeatedly kept on pressing the stop button.

I would suggest u to use Pixela Imagemixer (bundled with Sony Handycams) to capture video either by USB or fire wire.

Shikhar

Journeyman
un said:
My problem is flickering of movie, is it because of low resource. Plz suggest the hardware. My hardware spec. is in my first post

On my PC when I see a video using Windows Media player 9 all I see is bad quality video. However when I see them using Ace player or Xing player I the quality of video appears much better.

I don't know whether this is the case with u also. But do try viewing the video using some other software.

Check whether u have recorded the movie with the framerate of 25 or above.

valtea

In the zone
i have tried capturing in DV mode.. but this is insane even 20GB free space isint big enought... i wonder is anyone captures using this format.. if anyone does what kind of Hard disk do u use?

Shikhar

Journeyman
DV capturing at this point of time is not needed especially since people like us can at maximum make only a DVD. Even DVD 's quality is excellent. DV capturing should rather only be used for next generation discs like Hybrid DVD or Blu Ray disc. I usually use the firewire port but capture the video in DVD format as it requires approx 4.3 GB and then I scale it down to VCD format after editing.

sagar_coolx

Journeyman
yup i use the dv format to capture,but takes up space like hell.
1hr of video takes 12gb.
but ulead vieo studio software works best for me in terms of editing. after adding the effects,i save it again in the dv format,then use nero vision to make v.c.d. .
it gives fairly good results but the quality is not like pro cds. the prob is mainly due to my poor configuration(500mhz,192 mb ram)

Shikhar

Journeyman
sagar_coolx said:
but ulead vieo studio software works best for me in terms of editing. after adding the effects,i save it again in the dv format,then use nero vision to make v.c.d. .

Hey sagar_coolx Why do u waste so much space by first capturing video in DV format and then saving the edited video again in DV format.
Follow my method to save time & space.

1) It is better to save the video in VCD format (by going to the share tab of Ulead Video studio and then selecting video file - PAL VCD)

2)After the rendered video file is saved in VCD format start Ulead videostudio (do not open any files) again click on share tab and this time click on create a disc and select VCD PAL.

3)Add the video files. On the screen that comes up click on the 2 icons at the bottom left of the screen and check the settings. Make sure that the 'do not convert compliant MPEG files' is checked.

4) Go on for selecting the menus and everything and burn the disc.

In the above method Ulead does not reconvert the Video saved in VCD format and burns it onto a disc.

It saves time as you don't have to save video in DV format first and then convert into VCD format (using Nero vision express in ur case)

Finally u save space as well as the edited video is not saved in DV format.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom