PLZ Hlp!!! AND FAST!!!! AM REALLY CONFUSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sankalp

Journeyman
I have decided to upgrade my pc. I have decided to go for athlon 64 3000+ But the problem is that i am unable to find out that MSI's K8N SLI Platinum which has 1000 FSB will work at that speed with the processor or not and what is the approx speed of the processor in MHz. Also waht graphics card is compatible with this mother board (I need the model no.s ) with 128 MB memory

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well The Mobo will definetly support the 64 3000+ clock speed as it has supports upto 3500+, 3800+ Athlon 64 FX 53 and higher Cpu's.....The Exact Speed Of The Processor Depends on which model u are buying......If Its AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.25 GHz CPU then The Mhz Must Be somewhere Around 1688.33 (I Must Be Wrong On This Calculation Plzz Correct me if Wrong :wink: )
Since Ur Mobo Will Be On the Pci-E Graphics Architecture I suggest U'll Have to go for a Ati Radeon X300 XT 128MB (128-bit DDR),ATI FireGL V3100 (Tough Find In India) & ATI PCI-E Radeon X600 128MB For ATi Series &
GeForce 6600GT 128MB (64-Bit Graphic engine) For The Nvidia Series 8)

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
allwyn ati firegl is a workstation level card ;). The other cards worthy are the x600 and the 6600GT and 6600Std. The VFM card right now is 6600GT.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
blade_runner said:
allwyn ati firegl is a workstation level card ;). The other cards worthy are the x600 and the 6600GT and 6600Std. The VFM card right now is 6600GT.

Yup Thats Right....Fire Gl Is a Workstation Class for The ATi And The Quadro Fx For Nvidia Series(Which Is The Current best for its Class).....And The 6600GT Is The Hot Buy For The PCI-E For Now I Guess :wink:

indro

In the zone
Hi all , there is not concept of FSB and GHZ when it comes to AMD64 , the reason is because the onchip memory controller, the 1000 Mhz you are talking about is the hypertransport link ,which is of course FULL DUPLEX , hence the end throughoutput is 2ghz rather the usual 1600 Mhz link . Its the interconnecting high speed bus link and NOT fsb .
The Frequency of a 3200+ is 2.2 ghz , dont know what u mean by 1633 mhz , the AthlonXP 2000+ had a frequency of 1667 Mhz , Quadro or FireGL cards are customer programmable cards for design purposed , not for gaming , the price of each piece is about 1.5 lacs .
the only flavour for AMD64 3000+ is a socket 754 2.0 ghz with 1 MB L2 cache .
The onchip memory controller is also one of the reasons why AMD cannot upgrade to DDR2 now , cause they have to increase the PIN COUNT onto their sockets , which means more socket to support which is another nightmare , the upcoiming opterons will have a socket 1200+ pins with DDR2 but not before quater2 of 2006 , so ....... AMD says that there is no use to upgrade to DDR 533 ,until DDR2 667 . This year its going to be dual core processor , well , "TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE " on the other hand , you win some you loose some , right ?

More about Hypertransport here *www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/39497A_HPC_WhitePaper_2xCli.pdf

AlienTech

In the zone
I always take a rain jacket rather than an umbrella because you can also wear it in the cold or chilly weather while the umbrella just uses up a free hand and you might forget it somewhere.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
AlienTech said:
I always take a rain jacket rather than an umbrella because you can also wear it in the cold or chilly weather while the umbrella just uses up a free hand and you might forget it somewhere.

:shock: :shock:
whats this
??

ny significance???.....or am i missing sum clue?? :shock:

harish_21_10

In the zone
grinning_devil said:
AlienTech said:

:shock: :shock:
whats this
??

ny significance???.....or am i missing sum clue?? :shock:
Seems like he feels it is an chat room and started off with his feelings :lol:

someone pls wake up alien.....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Come On Guys Wake Up...... :lol:

This Alien Tech Does Not Need to Be Woken Up Cause He Is On A Random Spammin Spree :lol:

Get It Now....He Has Been Postin Tons Of Cr@p On this Forum Since Day One......Now Its The Mods Who Should Be Woken Up To Take Some Action Against This Guy :evil: :x

moshel

Padawan
allwyndlima said:
Come On Guys Wake Up...... :lol:

This Alien Tech Does Not Need to Be Woken Up Cause He Is On A Random Spammin Spree :lol:

Get It Now....He Has Been Postin Tons Of Cr@p On this Forum Since Day One......Now Its The Mods Who Should Be Woken Up To Take Some Action Against This Guy :evil: :x

Man dont we miss the report button at such times!!!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Report Button :evil:
Man I Wish There was a Trashing Button :wink:
So That Could Trash These Lamers For Spamming Such BullSh!T 8)
Just Kiddin :wink:
I Suppose The Mods Should Get a Little Strict On Such Members :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom