Plz HELP! WANT TO LEAVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
I live in a room on rental basis and i booked for 11months. i came here from 1st february. i pay RS 2200 per month and i had given RS 20000 as advance which is refundable after 11months.
the problem is that i want to vacate the room now and go to my cousine's home. so i told the owner abt this. but he started quarrelin :mad: with me. and said that "u cant vacate the room before 11months and if u do it now then i will deduct 3months RENT :mad: :shock: and deduct Rs 2000 for paintin :mad: :mad:"

but guys i really want to vacate the room as i m havin some trouble here and to live with my BHAIYA AND BHABHI. and THE OWNER DIDNT PAINTED THE HOUSE WHEN I CAME THEN HOW CAN HE DEDUCT RS 2000 FOR PAINTIN :mad: . I LIVE IN BANGALORE.
help me guys. wat should i do. Plz

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
hey, be cool and talk to the owner nice and sweet......
u cant get back ur money by making him quarrel with u....

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
that's the problem with most house owner's. When you rent their house, they show good respect but at the time of leaving they shout and quarrel.

You can arrange any of your friends to stay in there and give the rent to you for 3 months.

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

first thing. i TALKED TO HIM VERY POLITELY. I NEVER SHOUTED AT HIM EVEN A SINGLE WORD. BUT THAT STUPID MAD OWNER HIMSELF STARTED SHOUTIN AND QUARRELIN.
secondly I CANT ARRANGE ANY OTHER GUY FOR THE ROOM AND THIRDLY OWNER TOLD THAT HE DONT WANT TO GIVE THE ROOM TO ANY BACHELOR AFTER I LEAVE SO I EVEN IF I ARRANGE SOME1 IT WILL BE OF NO USE.

any suggestions guys. wat shall i do

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
fun2sh said:
I live in a room on rental basis and i booked for 11months.
one question: did you sign any agreement wid him regarding that? if you did then you can do nothing abt it!!!

if not, then you can lodge a complaint against him.

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

infra_red_dude said:
one question: did you sign any agreement wid him regarding that? if you did then you can do nothing abt it!!!

if not, then you can lodge a complaint against him.
NO I DID NOT MADE ANY RENTAL AGREEMENT.
SO WAT CAN I DO NOW

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

He Just Wrote On A Blank Paper That I Hav Given Rs 20000 As Advance To Him

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
thats ok as long as both of you haf signed there.. u can take that 'aethuntic' document to the nearest police station and lodge a complaint.

of corz its always good to ask him nicely first... then threaten him that u'll goto police and finally lodge a complaint.

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

infra_red_dude said:
thats ok as long as both of you haf signed there.. u can take that 'aethuntic' document to the nearest police station and lodge a complaint.

of corz its always good to ask him nicely first... then threaten him that u'll goto police and finally lodge a complaint.
well thats a blank paper. he just wrote a sentence that i had given advance and he put his signature. there is not my sign on that. so does that paper hold its value.
does that paper hold any value. if i threaten him with that n if that paper has no value then HE MAY REFUSE TO GIVE THE WHOLE 20000

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
look dont bring the police into it leave that as the last resort ...

second u have lived for almost 5 months now talk to him nicely if u isnt in the mood of listening let elders talk (elder broher, father mother uncle aunt any1)

third if he still doesnt listen or u dont want to bring elders into it piss him off ... come late ring the bell continuously, call frenz over have a ball he doesnt wanna let u leave make him so that he tells u to leave but dont bring in liquor or cigrattes or nething like tht coz then tht guy can use it against u

if this doesnt work (try it for 3-4 days) go to the police

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
he has signed rite? thats enough to prove that u gave him the advance and there were no clauses attached (like if u leave before 11 months he'll cut 3 months rent.. he'll charge for paint etc...) i hope he hasn't made u sign on anything of that sort... do remember properly.. otherwise the police case may backfire on you. be completely sure then u can lodge a complaint. threaten him first.

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

infra_red_dude said:
he has signed rite? thats enough to prove that u gave him the advance and there were no clauses attached (like if u leave before 11 months he'll cut 3 months rent.. he'll charge for paint etc...) i hope he hasn't made u sign on anything of that sort... do remember properly.. otherwise the police case may backfire on you. be completely sure then u can lodge a complaint. threaten him first.
no we did not made any kind of agreement of paper. he jsut gave me the that signed paper that i hav paid the advance

here's exactly wats written on the aper. i paid him in two installments

firtst one is written like this

"date 30/1/07
received with thanks from Mr. SURESH KUMAR towars house advance. amount of rs 15000/- on 30/1/07
signed ---------- "

second one reads like
"date 1/2/07
house advance received amount Rs. 5000
signed -----------"

Last edited:

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
This 3 months clause is kinda unsaid contract in b'lore as I figured out the wrong way ... nyways u can try nd do what I did ... simply post advertisement for the apartment in free classifieds like AD-Mag --> indiaconnect.com or the internal classifieds for companies etc and once you have a prospective tenant propose the owner that you have an alternate tenant to replace you ..
This way the owner doesn't need to pay anything he can simply take deposit from the new tenant and give to you ...

Btw this 11 months advance thing sucks big time ... haven't seen it anywhere else just ...bangaluru

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

AshishSharma said:
This 3 months clause is kinda unsaid contract in b'lore as I figured out the wrong way ... nyways u can try nd do what I did ... simply post advertisement for the apartment in free classifieds like AD-Mag --> indiaconnect.com or the internal classifieds for companies etc and once you have a prospective tenant propose the owner that you have an alternate tenant to replace you ..
This way the owner doesn't need to pay anything he can simply take deposit from the new tenant and give to you ...

Btw this 11 months advance thing sucks big time ... haven't seen it anywhere else just ...bangaluru
yeah u r quite right. this advance thing is only in bangalore. i lived 2 years in kota n there it wasnt anything like this. we just paid rent there n could leave at any time on informin the owner.
but this THING OF BANGALORE SUCKS!!!!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
fun2sh said:
no we did not made any kind of agreement of paper. he jsut gave me the that signed paper that i hav paid the advance

here's exactly wats written on the aper. i paid him in two installments

firtst one is written like this

"date 30/1/07
received with thanks from Mr. SURESH KUMAR towars house advance. amount of rs 15000/- on 30/1/07
signed ---------- "

second one reads like
"date 1/2/07
house advance received amount Rs. 5000
signed -----------"
thats rite.. this is what i was asking for. this is the receipt. thats all you need. no clause nothing... and there can be no other agreement wid you and him both signing on it. jus threaten him to goto the nearest police station. but one very important thing. when u occupied the home did u make a checklist of its condition? like bulbs, paint, fans? and the condition now? coz then he may allege that u damaged something and thats why he's asking money from u for repairs! be very careful... people are very very cunning these dayz!

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

^^^^^^ WEL NOTHIN I DAMAGED.i kept everyting properly. but AFTER YESTERNIGHT FIGHT I WANT TO RACK HIS ROOM(BUT I WONT DO DONT WORRY)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
no no i meant u need to haf some written thing indicating the condition of the home, no. of working fans/lights etc. when u came in. now u may show that everything is jus as it was when u occupied. otherwise when u file a complaint the owner may allege that he wanted to cut off a portion of advance coz you "damaged" something (even tho you've not!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom