PLZ HELP.. UNINSTALL NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

medigit

In the zone
i tried ti uninsatll NIS 2006 beta but i got unisnatlle dpartially and now ADD /REMOVE panel cannot unistall completely .HOw to remove NIS completely.I heard that there are some tools to remove NIs completely but could not find them at Symantec .Plz help quickly.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
tanshus post must be more then helpful...but y dont we delete each and every norton related folder manually and clean registry with some good registry cleaner like regseeker ?

anandk

Distinguished Member
:) norton never uninstals easily. it gave me trouble even while unistalling its symantec on my mobile fon. :)

see if swetanshus link helps u; else try this :

from add-remove programs. try to uninstall its components independently, starting with the main norton.
if u r stuck reinstall norton so that u can uninstal t again properly.

if u want, try to use 'advanced uninstaller pro v7', where it has a 'forced uninstall' option.

if this still fails : remove the folder/files manually. some may refuse to delete. do so, then in the safe mode. or else use 'deletedoctor of www.diskcleaners.com

then use 'ace utilities' or system mechanic' or 'ccleaner' or 'tune-up utilities' to cleanse your registry of invalid entries. no harm if you use two. visit www.download.com to get these.

lastly, if u still c the norton entries in ur add-remove program, use 'remove entry' option. most of these utilities have this option !

have fun !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom