here is my config:
Pentium D 3.4Ghz
Asus P5LD2-VM-CR-SI 945 G mobo with onboard graphics
512Mb DDR2 400Mhz ram
Western Digital 160 GB 7200RPM HDD
LCD monitor
DVD writer
300W power supply

My question to u guys is that can if i install an 8600GT 256MB card without replacing the SMPS and also upgrade the ram to 1GB, what kinda problems will i face? are there any serious probs??
And i have an old joystick which requires a game port but since my mobo doesnt have one i wanted to know if there is any kinda adapter available which will enable me to use this joystick thru an USB port.

And lastly will i be able to play Flight Simulator X on this config??
eagerly waiting for ur replies!!!!!

jack// ani

In the zone
I don't think there should be any problem, but if you have some cheap quality SMPS you should consider an upgrade!!

Good luck

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
RAM

Problems can come if you upgrade RAM to >256. I had a 200W SMPS. Computer used to freeze frequently with 256 RAM. But after i upgraded to 400W; all freezing vanished. Now i hv 384 RAM. Still no prob.

Joystick-

You can either install an old type of sound card to get it or consult some enginner for the converter.

Goten

Banned
Better change ur SMPS if its cheap n go for a gud one from zebrinics n all n yeah ask ur vendor wich suits G8x the most.

Power issues shud never b neglected it may hamper ur card motherboard n even sometimes performance.

Peace~~~!

ancientrites

In the zone
undertakerthedead said:
here is my config:
Pentium D 3.4Ghz
512Mb DDR2 400Mhz ram
LCD monitor
DVD writer
300W power supply

My question to u guys is that can if i install an 8600GT 256MB card without replacing the SMPS and also upgrade the ram to 1GB, what kinda problems will i face? are there any serious probs??
And i have an old joystick which requires a game port but since my mobo doesnt have one i wanted to know if there is any kinda adapter available which will enable me to use this joystick thru an USB port.

the smps is the only problem.i suggest you buy a 500 watts smps from zebronics or 450 watts from vantec.

T

thunderbird.117

undertakerthedead said:
here is my config:
Pentium D 3.4Ghz
512Mb DDR2 400Mhz ram
LCD monitor
DVD writer
300W power supply

Yes you can install 8600GT. Also you should remove your SMPS and RAM. Get a 500W smps and (512*2)1 GB or 2 GB. If you add your graphics card to your 300W be ready for crash and stability of your system and lastly your SMPS will burn. So get a 500W so that your system wont be under risk.

Sell you joystick and get a gamepad.

Yes you can play Flight Simulator X on your system if you have a card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom