PLZ HELP ME 2 BUY GRAPHICS MONSTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitava82

MMO Addict
ok guys, wanna buy a Graphics card 4 doom3. my budget is 5000/-. plz suggest me d best card at this price. also mention d brand n price.
my pc config: P4 2.8HT, 256MB RAM (400MHz).
do i really need 2 upgrade my ram 2 play doom3?
i'm not wiling 2 do dat but if it is necessary then i hav to do dat.
so plz guys help me.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Graphics card for doom3 eh ! @5k u will get a
Radeon 9550SE 4.7k
Nvidia fx5200 3.1k
Geforce Ti4200 4.9k
Geforce Fx5700Le @ 5.4k

I am posting the prices, though personally wudnt recommend any of these cards. i would rather save up more cash and get a 9600pro or Xt @ 8.5 or 10.5 respectively. A 9800pro @ 14.9k is also a gr8 price/performance option.

imgame

Broken In
well blade is right ......these cards no card in that price range is well enough for doom3 ...u need atleast 9600xt ...or better to enjoy that game ....

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Good someone started this post ...i hate to start new post for such things...Can anyone please Suggest me a Good graphic Card :D for Rs 15,000-- ? I want it real soon.... I dont got a PCI Express Slot...Only AGP 8x...
Please tell me real fast....Also i'm stuck with Pine GEFORCE 2 Mx , ATI RADEON 9200SE , and presently Gigabyte FX 5700 ULTRA ...due to my upgradation cycle...What should i do with the stupid old stuff....Please guide.. :p

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
For 15k the best card in the market right now is the Radeon 9800pro. Make sure u have a 400W PSU. :) I have a Club3d 9800pro @ 14.9k and it gives the best price/performance ratio !

Sell the old stuff in the bazaar @ 1k, 1.5k and 7-8k respectively.

theraven

Technomancer
for 15k ?
simple
9800 pro as blade suggested
and yeah .. i would appreciated a contact for gettin rid of old hardware too ... mumbai based ofcourse

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
You are not likely to get a good card for Doom3 at 5k. Of all those suggested by blade, only the Ti can run the game decently but none of these are future proof. Why buy a card that will need upgrading in 6 months. Get a 9600XT, it will last longer and give much better gameplay.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Well my budget is 15,000 and i want a card that will be safe for atleast 5 months...Anyway since i am a Nvidia fan i want something in line of GEforce6800...is it available in AGP 8X...the cost...maybe i raise my budget.. :p

theraven

Technomancer
6800 ??
yeah it came out in agp8x first
but it aint gonna cost u any less than 18-19k for a nU version of it
put in another 6k and ull get a 6800gt

G

gxsaurav

the GeForce 6 serias has no pro, either vnilla or Ultra, & GT

I would say really go for a 6800 nU, 10% less performance then GT & belive me U can play any game for the next 2.5 years at 1024X768 with 85 Hz & 2XQ AA & AX Anis, remember no matter how much better Card U get U can never play more then your refresh rate of your monitor & usuall they don't go higher then 100HZ for a 17" Monitor which is the norm these days & LCD are still costly unless U decide to give up 17" CRT for a 15 LCD

It is available in AGP8X, so U can easily, then 6800 nU from MSI for 18k, is a really good product for india, as it holds up for 2.5 years more to come, U will need to chage your gfx card only after longhorn, cos with longhorn the next DriectX will come, so before that for 2+ years games will be made in SM3.0 or DirectX9 & OpeGL 2.0

A GT over a 6800nU is not recomended here in India, reason, u can play just about any game U can on a 6800nU as U can play on 6800GT, but Y pay 6k more when it makes difference only in benchmarking

as long as all the games are playing smooth stick with your card, over a 6800nU the GT provides only performance, but U won't miss it with 6800nU either, U will get reasonable performance even with 6899Nu for nest 2.5 years

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
The GTs a better deal than the NU provided u have the dough, btw freshseasons why dont u consider a Ati 9800pro for once. Try it and u probably will forget that the Fx series ever existed ! I switched frm the Fx series to the 9800 pro.

(Gxsaurav will probably come along telling u that he switched frm Ati to Nvidia. LOL)

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
gxsaurav said:
It is available in AGP8X, so U can easily, then 6800 nU from MSI for 18k, is a really good product for india, as it holds up for 2.5 years more to come, U will need to chage your gfx card only after longhorn, cos with longhorn the next DriectX will come, so before that for 2+ years games will be made in SM3.0 or DirectX9 & OpeGL 2.0

Huh? Why would anyone need to upgrade a 6800 just because longhorn comes out? For LH, all you need is a DX9 compliant card, which 6800 is (and more).
Even a 9200SE will work properly. The GMA900 is actually certified for LH, despite not even having hardware vertex shaders.

Any 6800 card will get you past at least 2 years.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
gxsaurav said:
It is available in AGP8X, so U can easily, then 6800 nU from MSI for 18k, is a really good product for india, as it holds up for 2.5 years more to come,

Thanks Bladerunner and Gxsaurav....but my Vendor has given me the invoice for 6800nu and ATi 9800Pro...
1) Its 46,700.....for 6800nu
2) Its 30,499.....for Ati 9800Pro...
Am i joking....is this a joke no....My vendor has actually printed this Quotation on the Bill..with Sales Tax No ..Bill and all...
And you say 6800 nu From MSi is for 18K... what do i do....????

theraven

Technomancer
47k FOR A 6800 nU??
dude ur gettin ripped off man
same for the ati 9800
hes robbing u blind !!!
no doubt abt it

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
freshseasons said:
gxsaurav said:
It is available in AGP8X, so U can easily, then 6800 nU from MSI for 18k, is a really good product for india, as it holds up for 2.5 years more to come,

Thanks Bladerunner and Gxsaurav....but my Vendor has given me the invoice for 6800nu and ATi 9800Pro...
1) Its 46,700.....for 6800nu
2) Its 30,499.....for Ati 9800Pro...
Am i joking....is this a joke no....My vendor has actually printed this Quotation on the Bill..with Sales Tax No ..Bill and all...
And you say 6800 nu From MSi is for 18K... what do i do....????

Woaah ! which make are these cards ? 30 k is almost twice the amount one would pay for a 9800pro ! Either your vendor is trying to cheat you or he's probably gone bonkers ! :twisted:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
maybe its the price of a computer with those graphics cards....hehe...man...is ur dealer crazy or what??? i doubt if the 6800 ever cost 47k though the 9800 may have cost that much when it came out...

theraven

Technomancer
no card till date as i redall has cost 47k
the first is the x800 native pci-e version from asus
thats a record
that too cuz i think new cards are introduced while the one previously introduced were not given then time to fade out
here ofcourse the problem being between agp8x and pci-e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom