Plug-ins Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I am using Adobe PageMaker 7.0.... but when i try to export the current document in to acrobat format (*.pdf) it says "Required Plug-in missing please reinstall the plug in"..... can any one give me a link where i can find the plugin & can download it........

*img7.echo.cx/img7/3947/019jf.jpg

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Update PageMaker to v7.0.1 from v7.0. This is a known bug in PageMaker v7.0 when exporting to PDF. Read more here:
*www.adobe.com/support/pdfs/pm7_0_1fixes.pdf

Download the v7.0.1 patch here:
*download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/pagemaker/win/7.x/PM701aEN.exe

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
thnx 4 the reply & 4 the links.....

i have dnld the patch..... when i run the installetion, installer says i dont have PageMaker 7 installed in my system.....

*img146.echo.cx/img146/7404/16dr2.jpg

but i do have PM7 installed in my system..... see this screen shot.....

*img240.echo.cx/img240/4615/26ue.jpg

i tryed to update the software by hitting the auto update.... but there is no update avaleble.....

*img170.echo.cx/img170/8581/41fb.jpg

what should i do.....

stalin

Journeyman
Get Adobe Acrobat (5.0, 6.0, 7.0) Full version. In Print menu you will get a new PDF Printer. It convert easily to PDF Doucment

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
stalin said:
Get Adobe Acrobat (5.0, 6.0, 7.0) Full version. In Print menu you will get a new PDF Printer. It convert easily to PDF Doucment

Not a solution to the original problem. What if he does not have acrobat. Will he buy or download the tryout version(very large sized - 125mb approx.). He requires Pagemaker corruption solution.

Now for the problem.
Uninstall Pagemaker.

If that does not work then delete the Pagemaker's directory, search for all entries of Pagemaker in registry, delete them and perform a fresh install of Pagemaker.

Bye for now.........

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
He already said his autoupdate is not working and in that case even manually downloaded update won't work.

stalin please read the full page.

stalin

Journeyman
I do have a Pagemaker 7.0 it working fine exporting to PDF. I think u must have a PostScript or Adobe distiller installed with Pagemaker 7.0

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
stalin, asking someone to choose another expensive software is not really the solution. And you do NOT need Distiller to export to PDF.

@saurav: Your best option is to completely uninstall PageMaker as navjot said, reinstall it and then try running the update. Follow the instructions here to make sure you do it right. And please make sure you are installing the patch for the English/US version of PageMaker, as the update listed on that page works only for that version.

stalin

Journeyman
*www.miltfoundation.com/pdf.jpg

this is how i got error message when if try to export to Pdf if i not installed a adobe distiller in my machine

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
FYI, Distiller is INCLUDED along with the PageMaker 7.0 install. As long as you don't use it to create PDF 1.5 documents, it should work. While Adobe recommends that you install Acrobat/Distiller 6.0 and then choose custom jobs to export 1.5/1.4/earlier PDFs, I know of a lot of PageMaker professionals that use the bundled PageMaker+Distiller to churn out PDFs instead of switching to Acrobat+Distiller. You don't need Acrobat+Distiller for exporting from PM7.0, you can do very well with PageMaker+Distiller. As for the error message that you have been so gracious to put a screenshot of, everyone knows that you cannot create a PDF without a PDF creator or at least a PostScript printer that you can distill/GhostScript/GSView later. That was never the point, the only thing is that saurav is experiencing a known bug in the PM7.0 version and is having trouble upgrading. Once he gets that fixed, I am sure he will be able to churn out PDF files without any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom