pls help me solve this error

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_007

Padawan
i was installing the enter the matrix(4 cd) pc game
during installation ie while second CD was being installed the installation stopped and an error popped out as follows:

Unhandled Exception
error Number: 0x80040707
Description: DLL function call crashed: ISRT._WaitOnDialog
Setup will now terminate

some 6 months back i was able to install the game completely but since this game required pixel shaders it didnt run(i am having onboard grafix) and i uninstalled it, but now patch is available on net which lets this game run on onboard grafix so i decided to install it again but it is giving abovesaid problem

all the 4 cds are in perfect condition with not even a single scratch

pls help

legolas

Padawan
this error, as far as i hav googled, tells that, there are some registry errors in the pc. it leads to that error. do a registry fix using softwares like tweak xp or tuneup utilities 2006 or ccleaner(freeware) or system mechanic, mindsoft utilities etc...
shud fix the error. also read this if nothing solves, the ultimate sol. is a refomat is wat i learnt from different sites. GL

/legolas

OP
P

paul_007

Padawan
i've repaired registeries but still getting error
dont want to format cause there are mp3s on hard disk and i dont have any backup(main problem is that i have only one partition ie C drive)

thnx 4 reply

softhunterdevil

Journeyman
paul_007 said:
some 6 months back i was able to install the game completely but since this game required pixel shaders it didnt run(i am having onboard grafix) and i uninstalled it, but now patch is available on net which lets this game run on onboard grafix so i decided to install it again
pls help

Will you please tell me how you got the patch?
Can you give me the link please?
I am having onboard Intel 845 graphics drivers.
Please let me know as I had the same type of problem
(absence of pixel shader)

Your help will be thnkful :)

OP
P

paul_007

Padawan
hey softhunterdevil here is the link

Code:
*www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=4614

install this patch immediately after installing the game, this patch will also update the game to version 1.2

important note: pls dont install any other patch or update (v1.51 or v1.52)
otherwise game wont run because only v1.2 is supposed to emulate pixel shader for enter the matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom