pls help. connectivity problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
since today, dont know how or what happened. but in system tray, i started get getting an icon of two pc's (network) with a YELLOW :!: exclamation mark, in a triangle. when i move my cursor on it, it shows
local area connection
speed : 100 mbps

when i rt click, and click on Repair, it says:
windows could not finish repairing the problem, bcoz the following action cannot be completed :
Renewing your IP address.
for further assisstance, contact the person manages your metwork.

As a result, my internet speed is presently barely a few kbps !

mine is a stand-alone, single-user, home pc, usong winxp/sp2.
i use dataone broadband.

any1 know what hapnd ? is it some os/xp problem? pls help.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud u get this prob mostly after a new installation.....also u get the IP error coz Dataone users are alloted a Dynamic IP insted of Static...any ways go to start my network conn(just below the cpanel icon)-> show all conn ->properties(of the 1 with yellow exclemeation) ->next reinstall all the protocols like TCP/IP etc and see if it works ...elso right click on it and click disable ...next go to start->cpanel-> internet options->connections->delete all the conn....reboot again go to internet options and under conn create a new conn ..and try to connect...guess u will suceed this time...but if u again get the "?" right click and click on properties -> enable Lan conn .....Hope it solves ur problem....

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
thanx for replying, friends. :)

i had to go to network connections>local area connections>properties>internet
protocol>properties & fill in the IP & subnet addresses & dns server
adresses, manually.

however my broadband speed is still slow, for which i will have to
contact bsnl now.

Status
Not open for further replies.