Pls guide.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sid_sh85

EXPLORING!!!!!
Hi all....first of all a hearty "thanx" 2 evry1 who has spent valuable time in answering the issues n troubleshooting discussed here....if it were nt for u guys, ppl like me wud hav had to search the net for hours n still cum up wid a fewer results thn xpected....so thanx again...i really found the threads useful n they throw in a lot of knowledge easily makin ppl like me fit for the "Techno-Geek" title :)....Anywz....i had a small query....i own an AMD 64 3000+, MSI RS480M2-IL mobo wid 1GB DDR(512*2) n all this on a 400w pwr supply....i have been facing this peculiar prob since long...after sum time of pc operation my pc starts stuttering...even the mouse movement at times gives jerks wen moving around on the desktop....nd i guess its related to heatng coz this happens mostly wen the ambient temperature is high or after starting 3ds max or sum games like nfsmw, etc....even the songs played on winamp strt stuttering aftr sumtime.....but this doesnt always happen...wud a thermal cooler b of any help????? cuz i dont wanna invest 3k in a cooler if heating is not the culprit....pls guide

Also, i plan to go for 8600gt 256mb or 7600gt 256mb.....wich one is gud....nd wil both suit my system in terms of temperature n compatibility????

Last edited:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Man, first put forward your query in seperate sentences, will be easy to read.
Anyhow, firstly what are the current temps?
If there's dust clean it, do some cable management to have a proper air flow. How many fans and in what orientation?
Those AMD 3000+ (I think its venice core) rarely have heating issue at stock frequency. Maybe try a different PSU (if possible) and see if the problem is solved.

OP
sid_sh85

sid_sh85

EXPLORING!!!!!
oh...i kno i guess i hav made the issue too compilcated...but u see...thts my desperation for a solution...anywz...idle temp for cpu is 61 deg n sys temp is 43deg....

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Idle temps of 61C :eek:
Remove the HSF, clean it, put a fresh layer of thermal paste and see if it helps. I had amd 3000+ which was overclocked to 2.5GHz and had a load temp of 54c.
And as said earlier, clean the inside.

OP
sid_sh85

sid_sh85

EXPLORING!!!!!
oh...u mean "HEAT" is the culprit here....ok will do dat soon n keep u posted...anywz..regarding the 2nd query abt graphics card, wht do u hav to say????

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Get 8600GT (DirectX 10) from brands like XFX, Leadtek, Zebronics no point in getting 7600GT(DirectX 9) card.
Which PSU have you got?

OP
sid_sh85

sid_sh85

EXPLORING!!!!!
Well thanx for the gprx card suggestion.....my dealer is quoting abt rs6000 for 8600gt256mb....anywz sory to ask dis but wht do u mean by a psu????

OP
sid_sh85

sid_sh85

EXPLORING!!!!!
ok...m using 400w psu....n xfx 8600gt for 6000rs...

n dude...wich thermal paste...pls specify the cost n brand

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
sid_sh85 said:
ok...m using 400w psu....n xfx 8600gt for 6000rs...

n dude...wich thermal paste...pls specify the cost n brand
I suggest u use a good power supply with the 8600 GT ur gonna buy

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Get atleast colorsit, powersafe PSU 500W for around 1.5k andas for thermal paste get Arctic Silver 5 (don't know its price but its one of the best).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom