Pls Cross check the Config and the prices...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deepakd

Dear friends,

please cross check this configuration and the prices.

Processor AMD 3500+ - 14000
MOB asus a8n sli -11,500 ( deluxe / premium which is better)
1gb kingston ram - 6200
samsung 19'' monitor - 13050
Power supply Real power450 - 6500
Cabinet Super lanboy - 5500
creative audigy 2 zs - 6700
dvd writer (sony /liteon) - 3900/3800
Gfx card XFX 7800 gtx - 34000
Watercooling solution - 6750 ( pls suggest that is it worth the price)

mouse logitech mx518 - 3500
hdd 250 gb maxtor - 7400
wacom tablet intuos - 18000
Creative Megaworks speakers - 20,000

please suggest about the prices and the configuration

Also when I enquired to the dealer about the core of the amd 3500. he said it is the latest. i asked how do we find out.
then he had me note down two numbers and told me that u can check out on the net.
the numbers are.

ADA 3500 DEP4AS
1227044C50685

I have no idea how these numbers tell you what core is it and whether it is the latest or not.

Please help...

Regards to all

deepak

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
I f u dont intend to overclock then this watercooling sol is worthless coz amd 64 runs pretty cool.Otherwise u hav a dream config man

hcp006sl

Journeyman
Processor AMD64 3500+ - 15,000.00/- (M.R.P.)
A8N-SLI Deluxe - 8,000.00/- (app.)
A8N-SLI Premium - 12,000.00/- (app.)
Sony DRU 800A - 3,700/-
Why water cooling? Buy Cooler Master's Heatsink with fan & hit-pipes.
For the prices of others I need some time.

OP
D

deepakd

yes I want to overclock it. thats why i went for this solution. but the BIG question is . "IS it worth the price "

OP
D

deepakd

I am sorry i forgot to write the dvd writer number. it is sony DRU 810A the price is 3900. liteon price 3800

Retro

Journeyman
That is an excellent configuration. You can probably play all the latest games, use the best software and do almost anything you want with that dream configuration. But the big question is price. How much did the dealer offer the full system for? He might give you a discount for purchasing the best but anyway, it will be good if you verify the prices with him and tell us about it.

OP
D

deepakd

these are actually dealer prices. and i m here to verify these with you guys. kindly help.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
how can 3500 be for 15k at mrp?

Also,go for amd 3500 64bit 939socket san deigo/venice,consult others for better solution,may be san deigo,
dep might be newcastle,don't take it in that case ,search on the web for san deigo and venice

asus a8n sli for 8k,are you in your senses

if you can afford it than consider msi k8n daimond if it matches or if it is compatible with your rig?

else asus a8n sli dlx was offered to me for 10900 or something

take better ram
corsair xms
don't take corsair value select with asus nforce 4(don't take with a8n-e or a8n sli series,both series)
then consider corsair xms
or transcend or hynix d43(consult manual for what is supported and don't rely fully on us)
i have had ram compaitibility issues with a8n-e

isn't super lanboy real small?

why not consider antec tp II 550 or neo power 480 or another psu brand that may be better than neo and may come in india or has it come yet
psu named bluestorm or something

take card with 3yrs warranty and consider msi etc

isn't 19" real big and won't you need to play all games at 1280*1024 or 1600*1200 for better looks ,consider 17"

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
asus premium is a good choice when compared to delux because it has some good feature like there is a cooling tube also which intuose 3 tablet are u going for whats the size is it a5 oor a4 size for amd go for venice core or go for san diego core go to www.amd.co for all the information on how to verify prices for all have come down so asus sli might be avilable for less but premium is the best bet right now also tell me what s ur purpose are u going to use it for 3d then more ram wiil be helpfulll

OP
D

deepakd

all these prices are from smc international Delhi.

I haven't negotiated YET. All i wanted to do was cross check the prices as the subject of the post say. Once i have the feedback. my negotiations will have a solid footing.

I wanted to go for benq but it is not available in delhi. if someone knows how to get it in delhi then please,please,please tell me . also the dealer said that benq doesnt have a good after sales service in india.

I am surely going for 939 socket.

I have no idea how to find out what core is the processor just by look at the box. please guide in this.

A8n sli point taken. 8K
super lanboy point taken

i know corsair xms is the best but the price will tilt the budget in favor of ram only the price is 12,500 per 1 GB + taxes . whereas i want a balanced high end system.

i am not at all a gamer. but i am surely an avid 3d artist working in a leading news channel. well if i can play games on this i wouldnt mind that either. But this is primarily a 3d machine.

i would have gone for 21" but 19" suits my johnson coz i need more viewport area for the MAX & MAYA. later on i may add another 19".

regards

Deepak

Decius

Broken In
Deepak which core is proccy is?? looks to me as Clawhammer (not sure)... if indeed it is.. then it isnt the latest one. Venice and San Diego are the latest cores.

P.S. Darklord can help u out on how to identify the cores.

Decius

Broken In
I found out this link in AMD support forums. So indeed its the Clawhammer core, so definitely not the latest core, but i have no idea about the availabity of Venice or San Diego core in India. Hope this link helps :)

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_Athlon_64_microprocessors#Athlon_64

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
there wiull be a coder on the chip each type of core has a diffrent word ending to syblize its core just goo to www.amd .com also got to www.xbits lab.com and go to www.anandtech.com to find out the stepping for latest core and dont buy a claw hammer buy a venice or san diego and prices for same have come down

bhalchandra

Broken In
Great config.......
I think XFX 7800 GTX costs around 33k in mumbai also
Corsair pro series is better choice
Msi neo 4 Diamond is great buy but it is much costlier and the performence gain is about 5 % so ASUS A8N-SLI-Deluxe is good buy
If you able to find BFG 7800GTX oc in india then it will be great buy as
it outperforms all other 7800 GTX...if available in india?????
If u have relative in USA then tell them to buy and send to u its around $540 so it will be around 23k........so is it not great??????
Just reply

OP
D

deepakd

i have decided to drop the idea for 7800. and instead i have finalized the deal for Nvidia Quadro 4400 gfx card.

this card is any day better than 4 7800's running together.

Regards

Deepak

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
I purchased this 10 days ago
please tell if i have paid more

pentium 2.4 ghz 6500
845 gv motherboard 3500
512 ram 333 mhz 2800
40 gb harddisk 2750
mouse 450 Mercury optical KOB 333 model
keyboard 450 TVS
cabinet with 300 SMPS 1800

PLUS octrio 730 so 19000 RS

ALSO what is the difference between

Sony Floppy Disk Drive 1.44
Sony Floppy Disk Drive 1.44 FDD

as there prices are different and how to check which floopy drive has been given by the vendor

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
asus premium is ur best bet buddy the fan is replaced by a heat pipe so no sound and bettr performance also u wont have the known proble of asus fans

water colling is not required it is quiet risky also if something or some thing is defactive say good bye to ur rig

qudro 4400 is good for redering i am a 3d guy to but..........wait a minute tell me one thing what software u use maya or 3d studio max if maya qudro is a good bet for hardware redering but i feel the qudro is too costly 7800 is good also if u can go for a 6800 agp version u will be able to softmod to a qudro and the performance difrrance is not much unless ur model reach a very high number a qudro is not going to be that good but still qudro is qudro but its just to expensive and the only difrrance is the drivers i stiil prefer 6800 softmodded to qudro or a 7800 gtx it is good

if u want more information on the same goo to
www.cgtalk.com forum on hard ware to see what peole have to say about a qudro 4400 and u can also vist www.guru3d.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom