Please try this .........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thilak

Broken In
Hi mates ,

Here are some more little tips to lower your graphics to boost performance

Right click on your desktop and select properties.
Click on the settings tab and adjust the color quality drop down box to Medium (16 Bit).
Click OK.
Next, let's use the windows performance settings to optimize your computer for performance

Right click on the My Computer icon on your desktop or in your start panel and select properties.
Next, Click on the Advanced tab and hit the setting button under performance.
On the visual effects tab, select Adjust for Best Performance and hit OK.
Hit OK once more to exit system properties

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the prefetch folder obsolete links which can slow down your computer noticeably. go here my computer~c:drive~windows~prefetch delete all files or at least those more than 3 weeks old
reboot. you can do this at least once a month or more
if you keep deleting them it can slow your computer start up speed a little so delete like once a month or longer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to your "hosts" file
found here
Windows XP = C:WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/DRIVERS/ETC
Windows 2K = C:WINNT/SYSTEM32/DRIVERS/ETC
Win 98ME = C:WINDOWS

right click on it - mark "read only" - apply.

many virus's will write in your hosts file and cause hell for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

ctfmon.exe: This is your "Language Bar." Don't know what it is? I bet you do not need it.

Head to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages TAB -> Details BUTTON -> Advanced Tab > (under "System Configuration") -> select the "Turn off advanced text services" check box.

This little detail will save you between 1.5 MB and 4 MB of RAM. If you are using a "non-US" version, you may be required to install the English localization to remove this "feature."

Courtacy with INTERNET
Thilak :wink:

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Apart from a tip where you specifically mention the various versions of MS OSes, and except the very first tip, I can see you're talking for the OS when it's XP. Or am I wrong?

I'm on Win98SE.

OP
T

Thilak

Broken In
Very bad....

Apollo said:
Apart from a tip where you specifically mention the various versions of MS OSes, and except the very first tip, I can see you're talking for the OS when it's XP. Or am I wrong?

I'm on Win98SE.

Hi apollo ,

Please update ur system

Thankx
Thilak :idea: :arrow: :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom