please suggest a decent cpu cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hells_Fury

In the zone
I would suggest the ThermalRight Ultra-120 + any 120mm fan. The eXtreme is not worth the eXtra cash just for 2 more heatpipes IMO. And tests have shown just a couple of degrees difference between the Ultra-120 and Ultra-120 eXtreme.

@john and choto - My order from sidewinder took 3 weeks to reach me, so just be patient. And pray that customs does not butt in...

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
but why not get ThermalRight Ultra-120 + any 120mm fan from Prime computers, Mumbai.

Its available at 2500/- last when I inquired.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
ranjan2001 said:
but why not get ThermalRight Ultra-120 + any 120mm fan from Prime computers, Mumbai.

Its available at 2500/- last when I inquired.

Hey ranjan!
Actually it was not available with Prime a couple of weeks ago. Also they don't stock enzotech so had to buy from sidewinder. Well there's been an update that my order has finally arrived in Inida. Lets see when I get it.

@Hells_Fury
Ya I had talked with Gary (sidewinder) and he also suggested the same.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Hells_Fury said:
I would suggest the ThermalRight Ultra-120 + any 120mm fan. The eXtreme is not worth the eXtra cash just for 2 more heatpipes IMO. And tests have shown just a couple of degrees difference between the Ultra-120 and Ultra-120 eXtreme.

@john and choto - My order from sidewinder took 3 weeks to reach me, so just be patient. And pray that customs does not butt in...

Well the Ultra Extreme is worth its extra cost because it does perform well and in some cases equals or beats Tuniq. What Tuniq was capable of, i need not even mention.;-)

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
so most of you suggesting Ultra 120.
thanx for your suggestions guyz :).
is it available in Kolkata?
and one more thing.for socket 775,isnt zalman or ocz good?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Jah !!!

Man i could have ordered that, and I didnt know about it :p pretty dumb when comes to OC :p

@darklord

*www.anandtech.com/casecooling/showdoc.aspx?i=3022&p=4

according to this, ThermalRight runs better that that cooler u suggested :(

BULLZI said:
is it available in Kolkata?

Nah !!! i searched a lot, couldnt find it in Local Market , even placed ordered at few shops but they were unable to bring it :p so used Web Service to order !!!

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Choto Cheeta said:
Jah !!!

Man i could have ordered that, and I didnt know about it :p pretty dumb when comes to OC :p

@darklord

*www.anandtech.com/casecooling/showdoc.aspx?i=3022&p=4

according to this, ThermalRight runs better that that cooler u suggested :(

Nah !!! i searched a lot, couldnt find it in Local Market , even placed ordered at few shops but they were unable to bring it :p so used Web Service to order !!!
Hmm interesting, I dont know how AT reached that conclusion but AFAIK the older Ultra 120 could never beat the TT 120 :confused:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Choto Cheeta said:
U are using it ??

tell me how much did it cost ??

I dont have Tuniq or Ultra 120 :D But i know what both are capable of.Heck some guys have pulled off 4G on Tuniq which is great !

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
ok i will go for that extreme ultra.so where shud i place the order?

@choto cheeta
how much is the cost??including shipping and delivery charges.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Choto Cheeta said:
Ok.. So i should saty Happy with my order :p ????

:lol:
Yeah yeah totally !!.
For C2D in general,
Thermalright Ultra 120
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
Scythe Infinity
Scythe Ninja+ Rev B
Tuniq Tower 120
all these are very decent coolers.

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
one more thing i want to ask.about the site memory-configurator.hv nyone bot ram from there?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
BUZZI said:
@choto cheeta
how much is the cost??including shipping and delivery charges.

ThermalRight Ultra 120 eXtreme
Panflo Ultra High Speed 120mm FAN

USD 110 !!!! Incl Every thing till now... dont know if Customs will give any headache or not... :(

@darklord

Thanks for the info... cant wait to get my hands in it :p

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Sorry... i thought U have that already...

Me jhon and fury all used this service... *www.sidewindercomputers.com/

the product url, *www.sidewindercomputers.com/thulex.html mind u its one limited stock they write :lol:

By the way, Prime computers mumbai is also an good option, dont know if they have stock of it or not !!! :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom