A friend needs a new desktop for 3D Studio Max and AutoCAD. Budget is around 60K. Please suggest some configurations.
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mostly 3D Design works using softwares 1. 3D Studio Max and 2. AutoCAD
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Budget is around 45,000/- but can manage around 10,000/- more (if absolutely necessary). A bit tight on budget at present. (Sorry for the wrong budget mention in the original post.)
3. Planning to overclock?
4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB
6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Would like a 22 inch one and resolution of 1600 * 1024
7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I do not need an optical drive as I have a spare one available. Also I do not need any speakers, keyboard or mouse.
8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Next 10 days.
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I can do the assembly myself.
10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I am from Bargarh town of Orissa. I would like to purchase from Bargarh or Bhubaneswar. I can purchase a few items online if I get a better price.
11. Anything else which you would like to say?