Please someone answer this simple question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
My question's simple-"What would happen if one places two identical reflective surfaces in front of each other in a 3D rendering engine?"
Doesn't this require infinite processing power.I have a possible solution but i wonder how developer's found a good solution within the limits of the processing power of the processors.Please explain someone if anyone knows a solution.:)

great_manish

Journeyman
well try to picture this in the real world first...when we place two mirrors opposite to each other we notice an infinite number of reflections....but what we also notice is that each successive reflection gets smaller....computer displays have a limit to the smallest size that they can display...i.e 1 pixel .... maybe thats where all the calcualtions end and we do not require infinte processing power !!!!???.....

.....thats my stupid philosophy... i have a strange feeling in my belly which tells me that all that i am typin is plain bull **** !!

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
great_manish said:
well try to picture this in the real world first...when we place two mirrors opposite to each other we notice an infinite number of reflections....but what we also notice is that each successive reflection gets smaller....computer displays have a limit to the smallest size that they can display...i.e 1 pixel .... maybe thats where all the calcualtions end and we do not require infinte processing power !!!!???.....

.....thats my stupid philosophy... i have a strange feeling in my belly which tells me that all that i am typin is plain bull **** !!
Ya I think to some extent ur right.But here's my theory of the matrix.Where one universe gives rise to another by rendering and this tends to infinity.Well for every rendering the detail or reality is reduced and this reduces the processing power so it leads to a geometric like progression which tends to infinity but has fractional geometric ratio.So for every rendering the reality/detail reduces and the total processing power though is a sum of infinite processing figures is actually reduced to a finite number.:D

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
gauravakaasid said:
^^holy cow!!:shock: can u give that in sumthin simpler for lamers like me:)
By reality I mean the Dimension.And by that i don't mean that our world is only 4-dimensional cause there may be more dimensions we are not aware of ,we can feel them but not possibly understand.:D.The fact is that a matrix world leads to another world and there are no two worlds rendered by the same series of matrix which have similar reality/detail.

Anyone interested in this topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom