Please some one help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitinm

Broken In
:( my pc config is 845 motherboard,2.4 ghz 256 ram, i am unable to install
windows xp again, when i boot the machine from boot option after few minutes pc shuts down, even when i try to use the last known good config
the pc does'nt do anything, i have even changed my optical drive and the cd
but no solution....

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Can you login XP without any issue??

Perform chk disk..also chk cabinet, SMPS, and processor fan.They must run smoothly.

OP
N

nitinm

Broken In
:( my pc config is 845 motherboard,2.4 ghz 256 ram, i am unable to install
windows xp again, when i boot the machine from boot option after few minutes pc shuts down, even when i try to use the last known good config
the pc does'nt do anything, i have even changed my optical drive and the cd
but no solution....

i dont get any error message it directly shuts down, i have checked with my
fans they are running properly, first i was trying to reinstall xp by upgrade option but while creating the config of machine the sytem hanged after that
now while i start up the machine i get two options first is start winxp pro edition, and the other is startsetup of xp, when is go for the first option the pc says pc config file is not set and asks me for the repair option but nothing happens, the other option i.e the setup when i run it the pc power goes off!

gulgulumaal

Broken In
i dont get any error message it directly shuts down, i have checked with my
fans they are running properly, first i was trying to reinstall xp by upgrade option but while creating the config of machine the sytem hanged after that
now while i start up the machine i get two options first is start winxp pro edition, and the other is startsetup of xp, when is go for the first option the pc says pc config file is not set and asks me for the repair option but nothing happens, the other option i.e the setup when i run it the pc power goes off!

Most probably it should be due to overheating. Check if all fans are working properly. Also if ur mobo has temperature monitoring, check the mobo and CPU temperature. U may be able to see it within the BIOS setup.

Try to keep the PC on for some time, maybe try using a Linux live CD or something. If it still powers off, surely it's a hardware problem

Last edited:

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
if possible just giv a try from any other xp setup (use bootable cd/dvd)....exactly at wat point during setup ur system pumps off? like 1st it boots...then scans hdd, loads drivers n then asks for certain options....so till whr can u go....is thr a particular point whr it freezes or ts random...if ts random then 99% ts a hardware issue...

if particular then booting 2 comand prompt n formatting ur hdd for fresh setup shud help....but dunt try this as of now

if u feel heating issue is thr...remove cabinet cover n leave it like dat n try make ur environment cool....but i guess tats not final soln....reply soon

Enjoy~!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
check ur ram...
check ur power socket...if u r using a spike guard/UPS, change it and see.

Do what moshel said.

Also check your HDD power and data cable. Also make sure your HDD is error free ie no bad sectors.

jamifahad

Broken In
most of the time carbon particles setup on circuit connection between ram and socket. open your cabinet and remove ram. take a ear-bud and clean the circuit(golden) part of ram slowly then replug it in the same socket. give it a try.
also try booting from knoppix os which boots from cd and doesn't require to b installed on hard-drive.if it boots and run smoothly you will be sure there is problem with your hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom