1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Please Help

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by RSM, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSM

RSM New Member

Hi Dear All,
    This is Rhishikesh and I have recently joined as a member here. Let me admit it first that I am a pharmacologist (a dumb professional really!) and not a techie. So this is an SOS for some advice.
    I have recently purchased a HP machine at my office. The Config is.
    P IV 2.8 HT, Intel 865 chipbased motherboard.
    80 GB HDD@7200 RPM etc.etc.
    I had ordered 512 MB RAM for the same. Now my problems started. The standard config of the machine had only 256 MB RAM bundled. The vendor offered me the upgrade (not free!) to 512 MB RAM. The chap is giving me a RAM chipset of 256MB@400MHz and other chipset of 256MB@266MHz.
    Now could somebody please tell me whether I should accept this deal or not? Will those additional 256MB @266MHz be compatible/useful?
    and Is 256MB RAM@400MHz available in market? (My vendor told me that they are not available. Is he correct or he is taking me to a ride?)
    Thanx in anticipation
    Rhishi

2. Kl@w-24

Kl@w-24 Slideshow Bob

First of all, welcom to the community !! :)
    Now for ur queries :
    No, 2 RAM modules of different frequencies cannot be used in conjunction. 256 MB RAM modules running at 400 MHz are easily available in th market. Do some research, talk to people who hv bought a computer and try talking to other dealers, whether they are able to provide u th RAM modules.

3. OP
    OP
    RSM

RSM New Member

Dear Kl@w-24,
    Thanx for ur reply. It was really quick. I have already paid that fellow and only option for me is that, bug him and get the thing i need.

4. theraven

theraven Active Member

well ull have to.. cuz it just wont work

5. abhishekkulkarni

abhishekkulkarni New Member

It is really surprising that your computer dealer oferred to give you two DIMM modules of different Frequencies. :shock:
    Coz after all he is supposed to know such elementary things.
    Anyway your config is great. :)
    Want to try the P IV HT processor myself.Heard that that one can run an antivirus scan & plaY Quake III ( NOT JOKING ) on it at the same time. :lol:

6. amitsaudy

amitsaudy New Member

Hey
    But yours is a branded HP system.
    Wouldnt that make ur warranty void if ur upgrading
    from a third party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.