Please help with Ubuntu Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECE0105

In the zone
Hi,

I have a P4 2.8 with an Intel D101GGC Mobo and a Seageate SATA (200GB) HDD.

I tried installing Ubuntu, but it says that there is No HDD Detected.

I currently have 7 partitions on the HDD and all in NTFS.

PLease help....

OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
HDD is connected to SATA Port0.

DVD-/+RW is connected to IDE Primary as Master.

I also tried Linspire and Red Hat 9. with the same result. But I am using Windows XP and 2k3

praka123

left this forum longback
ie wat i also have problem with my gigabyte 915 board also have BIOS setting which is very tricky to find out to set the hardddisk priority.so my advice is you should tinker with the settings which are related to harddisk settings.if u want i can post wat did with BIOS- when after a reboot :eek:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Which version of Ubuntu and Linspire did you try? Red Hat 9 won't detect SATA drives cos it's too outdated. There were no SATA drives at that time.

mehulved

They're outdated too and have no support for SATA that's why your hard disk isn't getting detected. You need something recent.

dabster

In the zone
@ECE0105: search for LUG in your city and get the newest distro.
or you may order the free Ubuntu 6.06 which will hopefully detect your hardware.

OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
I have put in a request for the Latest Fedora Core in the Distro Request Thread and hopefully should be getting a Reply.

Thanks for all your replies guys... Repping you all.

mehulved

Best way will be, as Dabster said, to contact your nearest LUG. Check up here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2775 and on google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom