please help ! OPERA doesnot open orkut

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 26636

in the personal bar of opera i have added an orkut button..when i run opera for the first time & click on it opera stops at setting up secure connection & orkut doesnot load..after repeated reloads it finally opens..OPERA doesn't have a problem with any other website or with multiple websites opened..i am using an Airtel GPRS connection...how should i speed up the loading of ORKUT in opera?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Same problem with me. Orkut doesn't open with Opera 9.52 & I too use Airtel MO(GPRS).
Sometimes it take too long to open.
It's due to compatibility issue. Even Opera mini struggles to render orkut properly.

I have just shifted to Firefox 3.0.1 for Orkut, for rest it's Opera. :)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I dont know whats the problem with you guys... what message do you see in the status bar when you cant open orkut? because it opens for me perfectly each time.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

well i don't really get any error message but at the "setting up secure connection" Opera takes about 3 minutes..sometimes it loads the login page but many a times it stops responding & i have to reload..also sometimes it displays a connection error when i m actually browsing other pages & downloads are going fine..after repeated tries orkut loads but if i close it & reload the same delay occurs. what could be causing this problem?

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Even i face the same problem. . So i too use firefox for orkut. Although, if in case, i get the first page open. . Then i can normally browse orkut.. Thats why.. When orkut redirects to home.aspx.. I provide it wit communities.aspx page..

moshel

Padawan
the problem is between google and opera....there are somedays when none of the google sites open in opera, not even the oh so simple google.com.

i dont suppose we can do anything abt it. i use orkut on chrome now, while i use facebook on opera as chrome does not render fb properly.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

yeah..if my orkut homepage opens i too can browse it normally..but isn't there any fix or setting to solve this?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Hmm, I get that sometimes. What you do, is to have a speed dial to google.co.in

Click it, and sign in on the top right link. Now click gmail or orkut in top left corner and it works perfectly every time i do it. Dont set gmail or orkut in speed dial though.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Hmm, I get that sometimes. What you do, is to have a speed dial to google.co.in

Click it, and sign in on the top right link. Now click gmail or orkut in top left corner and it works perfectly every time i do it. Dont set gmail or orkut in speed dial though.

Doesn't work. It takes too long to reach the login page. Some 2-3 mins approx. :(

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
New copy of opera saves file to some temp folder... In transfer tab right-click and select open folder.. And our problem is different.. We can't load orkut as quickly as other sites get opened..

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

hey..i downloaded opera 9.52 & everything is working fine now..no problems with orkut or google...should i try out opera 9.6 beta?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Check the maximum cache sizes at Preferences->Advanced->History. So your cache can never exceed the amount you set.

for new profile, delete c:\documents and settings\<username>\application data\opera\opera\profile directory, create a blank one.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I dont think thats possible, but as I said earlier, you can set a maximum limit for the cache, so whatever the size is, it would never exceed 20 mb(or whatever) so you dont need to see cache size at all, you can know that whatever it is, its never going to exceed 20 mb.

digitalage

java is fun.
in the personal bar of opera i have added an orkut button..when i run opera for the first time & click on it opera stops at setting up secure connection & orkut doesnot load..after repeated reloads it finally opens..OPERA doesn't have a problem with any other website or with multiple websites opened..i am using an Airtel GPRS connection...how should i speed up the loading of ORKUT in opera?

hay buddy i know that this is not the qus related to this post... but since u use airtel gprs //// plz let me know that which plan u use... since i use IDEA and using the 10 rs per day plan... but now they ended that plan so i am tring to switch to airtel//// [plz help me out...:confused:

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

hay buddy i know that this is not the qus related to this post... but since u use airtel gprs //// plz let me know that which plan u use... since i use IDEA and using the 10 rs per day plan... but now they ended that plan so i am tring to switch to airtel//// [plz help me out...:confused:

airtel doesn't have a 10rs plan AFAIK, i use a rs 14.99/day plan..the speed isn't very good either..

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

well actually airtel doesnot charge me regularly..maybe they forget to...because even after a lot of usage..i always have more balance then i should..and its the same as idea..i have used gprs when my balance was nil..but that isn't always the case.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom