Please Help Me!!......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ppl

I have just joined this forum.....Coz i hav a problem n i know here r d best ppl who can solve it.

I purchased a new pc last year n conf, is

intel 945GNT
2x512 MB Transcend ram (533)
sony DRU-820A
Pentium D 2.8GHZ (820 D)
zebronics cabinet ANTIBIOTIC (3fans wih LED with PSU)
17inch CRT Samsung 798mb plus
400W PSU
Apc back-ups

Later on i purchased 7600GT 256MB Graphic card

My power supply crashes n becomes useless n service man replaces it by another one.....i think upto 5-6 supply's have gone down(even tries 450W twice n they again failed)

Plz HELP me coz if a buy a new one on ur advice n it crashes gain then i wont have anything left in my pocket....

Is it a supply's problem or ups or anythin else......I asked my dealer to give me antec/vip/cooler master but he says they arnt available....wat was available was zebronics. I cant trust this brand coz this was my first supply in cabinet that crashed.

Thanks in adv.......Feels great 2 join digit forum!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check Your Rooms power supply and earthing. Also it may be a haeting issue. Open up all the covers of your cabby.

Also try to run your comp with a different UPS.

If you have to go with zebronics psu then try to buy pure power platinum series.

If U want to buy another psu try on line

OP
A

Abhishek_sharma360

Broken In
Thank u top gear....

But all those supply worked for sometime .....n after some days they crashed ...mostly failed when i ran splinter cell double agent n other games....last supply failed when my pc was on for 8-10 hours.

Also tell me the secure site for online n do tell me best model n ratings

No more replys....Please help me ppl...........

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Also the brands which crashed were pentex(400), odyssey(450), zebronics(400).

Even i never heard these names before except the last one

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
try the zeb 500w platinum series PSU.. i think it will cost you about 2500/- not sure.. but its a very good supply.. and can handle any kinds of load..

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Those power supplies will fail even on an AGP mobo with an agp 7600.Stock power supplies are not for graphics cards,no wonder they crashed.But what's more amazing is that u repeated the same mistake 6 times.Buy the zebronics zeb-500 watt platinum(Rs1900 in Delhi,i bought one).

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
Harvik780 said:
Those power supplies will fail even on an AGP mobo with an agp 7600.Stock power supplies are not for graphics cards,no wonder they crashed.But what's more amazing is that u repeated the same mistake 6 times.Buy the zebronics zeb-500 watt platinum(Rs1900 in Delhi,i bought one).
But Buddy ..a mare 7600 should not demand that much ~~!!!!!
I am running an AGP 7600 in my iBox 350 watts PSU without any problem.
It must be an issue with improper earthing !!!
Check that with an electrician

OP
A

Abhishek_sharma360

Broken In
Man am using 7600GT PCI Express card

I aint repeated the same mistake actually the dealer was replacing me wid dat all time coz my pc is in warranty........

I will buy ur ppl recommendation and even antec/vip/coolermaster but i dont know any site please give me one secure site and also the model no.

HELP HELP HELP............................

My pc was running good wid the supply dat came wid cabi.....but untill i plugged that card.....supply worked fine but when i played for longer then it was gone.......new Perx 400 watt supply can not even start my pc it simply crashed when i switched mo pc on............

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
On your power supply,you will find a label with details like +5v,+12v etc. and certain amperes against this numbers.Can you post that here.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
What do u mean by " PSU CRASHED"??
Did it burn out? or just the PC didn't start? And how ca u make sure its due to PSU? It maybe due to the UPS also.

I recomend u to connect the PC directly to main for testing without the UPS and run some heavy game. A 7600GT need 18A on the +12v rail and most stock PSU can easily provide it.
I ran my system on stock zebronics 400w for more than 8 months, and now ive moved to 500w platinum as ive added one more optical drives and two HDDs and planning for higher overclocking. It has 22A on 12v rails and is much more stable.

The cracses may also be due to overheating. To calculate the power consumption of ur PC and also to find which capacity PSU suits u, just have a calculation and post the reply.
Calculate with 100% CPu utilization and 100%PSu utilization and component aging @ 50%.
*www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
shady_inc said:
On your power supply,you will find a label with details like +5v,+12v etc. and certain amperes against this numbers.Can you post that here.

Just for the sake of info..mine is 18amps at +12v rail

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Step By Step Procedure :
1. Do what aravind_n20 said.
2. As my recomendations I think A psu will work best & does not
heat up if you run it under 75-80 % load ( according to your
psu's xxxW -watts & xx -Ampere rating eg. mine is 450w & 19A)
3. By the way where do you live ?.......
You can try these wbsites for prices of various psu's :
*www.neotech-computers.com/
*theitwares.com/
*www.theitdepot.com/
*computerwarehousepricelist.com/
*www.deltapage.com
^^^Some of they may also ship to you. check'em out.
4. As for online shop try
*www.sidewindercomputers.com/

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yes, what do u mean by a crashed power supply? does it fail to boot up? is the standby led on on the mobo?

you may try this, jus unplug the card and try doing the same wid the power supply. does it crash again? are you sure that the card is not faulty? can u borrow another 7600 card or mebbe of the 7300 series and try and report back?

OP
A

Abhishek_sharma360

Broken In
So many ppl replyin my problem.........Ahhh:) :)

Thxx Ppl......Its wonderful.....I was out of station now m back but probs not sorted out:( :( ....
My PC worked fine with my zebronics cab n its supply for some months and after plugin dat card.....The probs started
Well as i said PSU crashed ; they all acted differently.
1. Zebronics 400W.... Suddenly pc crashed when i was playing....After dat only the Led on front panel blinked.

2. Perx 400 W..........After connecting a new one and pressing power button it was gone.....Nothing happened after that.....failed to start up.

3. Odyssey 450W ......Ran fine but when loadin highend games...It gone down. And when preesin power button pc made a sound lik "terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

4. I dont remember dat supplys name but was 400w. Pc crashed and again i tried to press power button.....Woooo......BANG!!......:mad: Cracker in PSU!!

5. Right now Frontech is there in my pc 400w. M not playin any games and it is working from one week. Has a rating of 17amp on 12V.

Most of them except zeb and odyssey had less than 24(i think 20) pin connector but my mobo has 24 pins.

Hey Aravind_20

I think our configuration is same except mobo and processor.
And i checked ur given website and shows me a 490 Watt recommendation.

Should i buy Zeb 500w Platinum. Be sure in advising me coz my first heart attack isnt far away if that too failed.......Do all ur analysis and also tell me about dat psu.
Ok thx.....

And all u ppl do reply.......

APC Back-ups is of 390 Watts......is there a probs in connecting a 500w psu on a 390 w UPS:confused:

Also i forgot to mention in my conf. add a 160GB Sata....and 5.1 altec lansing speakers but no sound card./

Hey when i tried wid CPU 100% Utilisation and 100%PSU utilisation
50% Capacitor again
I got a Whopping 794W

Last edited:

meghraj

Broken In
I think there is problem of your electricity maybe there is no earthing on electricity or probably line is interconnected the earthing cable carry power and power carray earth........

Just get one electrician and ask him to check the power supply....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom