Please help me with some issues relating to fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
I have around 50 pages of text typed in some hindi font using a commerical software Leap Office. Now if that matter is sent to someone where Leap Office is not installed, the user gets to see junk data. :(

I want to convert the text written in those fonts to Unicode Mangal, being a standard font available in Windows the text would be seen as it is then.

So please help me with some conversion process !!

P.S. This is the only way how i need it to be done(using Mangal), please dont suggest other fond embedding techniques or something similar.

Thanks

Buzz

Last edited:
OP
akshaykapoor_3

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
^^^ i wish.. it ws dat easy :), thanks fr ur tip..

but as i said "This is the only way how i need it to be done(using Mangal), please dont suggest other fond embedding techniques or something similar."

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
1. Select All the text using Ctrl+A.
2. Got to the fonts dropdown list and select 'Mangal'
3. Save this file.

See if this works!

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ +1 for that, but if the fonts are totally incompatible, the whole layout would change. In that case, the best bet would be type it all over in Mangal.

Have you looked at the Leap's site if they support anything like that? converting it into windows default fonts?

OP
akshaykapoor_3

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
@rohan
Nopes, i see junk ! I want to find some way of converting text into Mangal Unicode. Junk appears coz windows takes it as mangal ttf font, i guess..

@dheeraj
No i havnt checkd their site yet .. I'll do that rite nw..

Actually the conversion process i am looking for is TrueTypeFont to Unicode.. Am sure u guyz must have seen those hindi letters in Insert>Symbols in MS Word. That's what i need. Anywayz i'll try n see if smthng works out.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ Thats what I mentioned, the layouts for that leap font are totally different from Mangal. So you get junk characters.

OP
akshaykapoor_3

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
I think it is not possible to convert the text into Mangal Unicode . Okay, so any other way to embed the Hindi fonts in the document ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom