Please help me with a notebook purchase - Rs. 50,000; needed for interior design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hello! :)

OK, I have a budget of around Rs. 50,000 and I need a notebook from any company.

I need it for the purpose of interior design and it should run AutoCAD 2008 and 3DsMAX properly. There is no other requirement.

Are both these applications fully compatible with Vista?

Thank you! :)

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hey use cross over on mac and run.. not working or what ??

then buy Dell 1520

Intel C2D T7250
2 Gb Ram 667 Mhz
8600 GT 256 MB Ram
15.4 Widescreen with TrueLife
Vista home Premium

this config will come around 54k

other goodies is you get is to choose color and 2 mp camera .

hey can't u dual boot Windows Vista on Your MAC Computer ??

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64496

Those 2 apps might not work in Win Vista if Mircosoft engineers have not done their home work.. which i think is what most likely to happen ... or may be MS has really worked vista out v.well

Last edited:

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
+1 for Dell 1520. Upgrade to 15.4" screen with trulife for free and add a nVidia GeForce 8400M GS 128MB card to it. This will keep the system in almost ur budget of Rs.50k

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks, Akshay! :)

But she does not want to buy a Dell. Something about having to buy it online and poor customer service...

Is the HP Pavilion dv6516tx any good?

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
hey use cross over on mac and run.. not working or what ??
I told the teacher at my college that I will use my own software at home. I am not using something with an interface as crappy as AutoCAD's. Looks like a friggin' space ship, that thing!

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
hey can't u dual boot Windows Vista on Your MAC Computer ??
Trust me, I love my Mac. It has served me well and I have no intention to subject it to such torture. :p

fun2sh said:
tere mac ko kya hua :shock:
Why does everyone ask me this every time I post a thread about wanting to buy a PC? Isn't it pretty damn obvious that I would never voluntarily make a nightmare come true, let alone pay for it? :p

I'm asking advice for my sister whom I don't want to buy a Mac for because I would then have to serve as customer support.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
^^abey khadoos :-x , behan ki help karne ko "Customer Support" kehta hai aur usko sikhane se bachne ke liye mac book nahi dilwaana chahta ??? saari duniya ko lecture deta hai mac use karne ke liye aur ghar me ye haal ????

Really Strange and Bad on ur part.

BTW, Dell 1520 Rocks.:p Else, Acer gemstone one are also good.:)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
~Phenom~ said:
^^abey khadoos :-x , behan ki help karne ko "Customer Support" kehta hai aur usko sikhane se bachne ke liye mac book nahi dilwaana chahta ??? saari duniya ko lecture deta hai mac use karne ke liye aur ghar me ye haal ????

Really Strange and Bad on ur part.
She does not stay with me or even near me. Trust me, it is very difficult to serve as tech support to a newbie who has absolutely no clue, specially when you're not around to physically assist them with the machine.

Pathik

Google Bot
Get a Dell 1520.. U ll need atleast a 8600m gt to run 3ds max properly..
Get a t5250+2gb ram+8600gt+160gb hdd+ etc
ll cost u around 52k

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
^^u can get T7250 and rest same in 49k

aryayush said:
She does not stay with me or even near me. Trust me, it is very difficult to serve as tech support to a newbie who has absolutely no clue, specially when you're not around to physically assist them with the machine.
Hmm,Right. No one else can understand it better because I was working in Linksys Tech Suport before and had to get things working by giving instructions over the phone to those almost computer illiterate(read most stupid ) US guys. Its really tough. I am glad you are choosing a safe way out. :)

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Guys, she does not want a Dell. Any other options?

In case I forget to mention it every time I post, I'm thanking all of you who post in advance, OK? Free fake candies to all of you from me! :p

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No notebook from HP can ever be sexy. I've seen it and it is just the normal average **** that their every other notebook is.

I just want to know, whether she should buy it or not?

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
abbey just buy dell ... they are sexy .. buy her the pink one

its really easy to buy dell ... don't be lazy .... and ignorant its question of 50k and good laptop and also sexy laptop

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
aryayush said:
No notebook from HP can ever be sexy. I've seen it and it is just the normal average **** that their every other notebook is.

I just want to know, whether she should buy it or not?
dude now dont open ur crap can again .... the nb looks sexy and behaves too but u need to unload the crap ware bundled ... me have this 1 yaar ;)

as far as dell is concerned the only problem with dell is that their machines are very simple in design and its always a compuetr or a call center ur in touch with where as in case of hp ur face to face with a human ;)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
Is the HP Pavilion dv6516tx any good?
This is the best laptop from HP right now for these tasks.

I told the teacher at my college that I will use my own software at home. I am not using something with an interface as crappy as AutoCAD's. Looks like a friggin' space ship, that thing!
Lolz...get used to it. U won't get "Just look at the UI, it looks so cool" effect with CAD apps. :D

Both dell 1520 & DV6516tx are good for this job. Just make sure u have atleast 2 GB RAM, with anything from a Geforce 7 series with 256 MB Dedicated RAM.

Both dell & HP come with good dual core CPU & 2 GB RAM along with GeForce 8400/8600, if possible get the model with 256 MB RAM.

3Ds Max 9 & AutoCAD 2008 both work flawlessly with Windows Vista, after disabling Aero temporarily which these apps disable themselves when launched

goobimama

 Macboy
I think your options are Dell or HP leaning more towards HP. Btw, make sure you can install XP on it. Cause my friend got a Sony Vaio, and needed to run some important software only available on XP. But darn if there are no sata controllers, drivers and such.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I wanted to buy one with Windows XP Professional pre-installed (due to the advice of many people, including you) but I guess that is not possible. Well, if AutoCAD and 3DsMAX work, like gx_saurav said, then I guess she won't be needing XP... hopefully...

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
abbey just buy dell ... they are sexy .. buy her the pink one
The "girls like pink" thing is way too cliché.

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
its really easy to buy dell ... don't be lazy
I'm not the one doing the buying, dude. And it's like iMav said, if something goes wrong with it, she wants to get tech support from a human being, face-to-face.

iMav said:
as far as dell is concerned the only problem with dell is that their machines are very simple in design and its always a compuetr or a call center ur in touch with where as in case of hp ur face to face with a human ;)
You're right. That is why she wants to go for Sony VAIO (which I told her not to) or HP.

gx_saurav said:
Lolz...get used to it. U won't get "Just look at the UI, it looks so cool" effect with CAD apps. :D
Oh, I've already found a few much better replacements for it on Mac OS X that are fully compatible with the 'DWG' format and for a change, don't have a suckass interface. I use a Mac; I don't have to "get used to" crap. I stopped doing that when I bought it. :)

gx_saurav said:
Both dell 1520 & DV6516tx are good for this job. Just make sure u have atleast 2 GB RAM, with anything from a Geforce 7 series with 256 MB Dedicated RAM.

Both dell & HP come with good dual core CPU & 2 GB RAM along with GeForce 8400/8600, if possible get the model with 256 MB RAM.

3Ds Max 9 & AutoCAD 2008 both work flawlessly with Windows Vista, after disabling Aero temporarily which these apps disable themselves when launched
Thank you! I'll ask her to buy the HP one then. :)

Thanks to everyone for the helpful inputs! I'm thinking of telling her to buy the HP Pavilion dv6516TX then. I suppose all of you agree that this is a good choice?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
I wanted to buy one with Windows XP Professional pre-installed (due to the advice of many people, including you) but I guess that is not possible.

U can install it yourself after u buy.

Well, if AutoCAD and 3DsMAX work, like gx_saurav said, then I guess she won't be needing XP... hopefully...

She won't, trust me.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful inputs! I'm thinking of telling her to buy the HP Pavilion dv6516TX then. I suppose all of you agree that this is a good choice?

This is a laptop i m eyeing on, so yeah...this is a nice choiec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom