Please Help me to choose a graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

techno tublai

Broken In
I am going to upgrade to a P4 2.8(HT) with 865 GBF motherboard and 512 MB of DDR RAM. I live in Kolkata. I have no idea about buying a graphics card. I have about Rs. 6500 to spare. Please help me out someone.

Tabrez

Right off the assembly line
You can opt for Gefore MX 440 with TV Output and with speed 8X
or 128 Mb Grafics Card of Geforce if u have enough money

since I have this one with Drive my games like anyhting If u are intrested in Sis I have one wihich is not so good

rahuld

Broken In
selecting cards

u can go in for 128 mb cards they are around for 3900 to 4500 rs for entry level cards .like cards with 5200fx chipset .asus or gainward are good. before buying make sure to visit atleast 3 to 4 dealers to get good bargain.... :)

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Get a ATI radeon 9600 non pro for that much. If u have 2k more to spend then go for the 9600pro. Don't go for FX5200 if u want a premium gaming experience.

godzi_85

In the zone
as far as possible avoid se/le/ Xt(incase of Nvidia) cards.. these are usually underclocked/lighter edition/and slower(incase of Nivdia cards) cards compared to their counterparts..

harpoon

Journeyman
Go to Chandni Chowk (u definitely know where it is); then head for "Supreme" or "Innovotech". Compare all cards first hand.Ur budget will comfortably get u a 128 Ram card. I recently went to compare the prices. But,PLEASE compare prices at atleast 3-4 shops in the area.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
For 6500 u might get a 9600 non pro which is a good deal, don't go for the 5600Xt or the 5700le which is arnd 7.5k sumthng. Both of these cards are clocked at much lower clock rates than the stock 5600's or 5700's. Also before buying post the cards that u are able to find @ ur place and ppl here might help u in getting a good one. Remeber not all cards are made equal. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom