Please Help Me Choosing A Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourav123

Thinking Different
I am planning to invest in a new car due to the bad state of public transportation in Bangalore. This will be my first car. I will be using the car primarily for home to office transportation and for some little outing on weekends.

I have done some research on the sites and magazines and have decided to go for either Maruti Alto or Hyundai Santro. My budget is around 3.5L including cost of accessories and everything. I strongly feel that I should go for Alto because I simly like its looks. Also I have heard that it has a great mileage and also good support in terms of service stations and spare parts.

Please let me know about your views on my choice. I have still some time to go before making the final purchase.

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
sourav U can also add i10 to your list...its got plush interirors & not to mention cute & small which will help u to manuever through the traffic Jam...

Alto is too cool for the car....But if are the type who loves latest around u ...test drive i10....else go with Alto.....

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Santro is a much better car compared to Alto. Its bigger, more spacious, more comfortable, more powerful and a bit more safe as well. Plus service and spare support of Hyundai is just as good as that of Maruti. So I suggest you go with Santro. However if possible i'll suggest you save up a bit more and go for the i10. Its even better than the Santro and is clearly the best small car that one can buy in India right now.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I would recommend a car that runs on gas. As of now, I only know of the Wagon R that comes with a factory fitted gas kit. Legal conversion is possible on Alto although it would void the warranty. My suggestion, buy a good second hand Alto and get a legal gas conversion. The whole thing will cost you Rs. 20000 here in Mangalore (inclusive of kit/fitting/application and yes, chai pani).

OP
sourav123

sourav123

Thinking Different
Thanks for your suggestions. I have heard that Santro mileage is not good compared to Alto. Please let me know if this is the case.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Of course it isn't! Alto has a 800 cc engine while Santro has 1100 cc engine. Bigger engine, more fuel consumed.

OP
sourav123

sourav123

Thinking Different
So that means more cost for me also. So, do you think is it worth spending that extra money for the kind of usage I have given.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
www.marutialto.com

www.santroxing.com

800cc-
The car will become sooo slow when you put the A/C ON :p
while driving on a steep, when you Turn the A/C OFF, the car gets a boost, as if a Turbo Charger is turned ON:p

on my Alto, for my cousin, the A/c button/switch is Turbo Charger & for me its the M Button :twisted:, when you turn the a/c off, the car goes into M - MODE, just like BMW M5 :p

i thought the Alto 800cc version's production was stopped :)), but its the other way around:))

+1 for NucleusKore's suggestion of a Gas Car. If you are bacholar, the Reva is another excellent choice for a small city car. It has an insanely high milage(ultra low cost per km).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom