Please help - Internet access denied probably by a spyware attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manickaraj

Broken In
I can browse and download using firefox, opera and utorrent. But I cannot access the internet through IE. It says page cannot be displayed instantly. Same thing happens with GTalk, Yahoo messenger and free download manager. I cannot update my antivirus and antispyware softwares. None of the online games that come bundled with XP work.:x I ve done a complete virus and spyware scan using AVG v8.0 and Spybot.:rolleyes: Somebody please help me.....:sad: Please dont suggest a fresh XP install... It is a great pain in the....:D

Thnaks in advance.......
Help me out guys........

mrintech

Technomancer
Follow this combination: *tech-baby.co.cc/2008/09/13/best-combination-of-security-freewares-for-home-users/

They will eliminate all problems

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Disable ZoneAlarm and try. If they work after disabling ZA, give the programs high level permission in ZA programs list.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Checked ur HijackThis log, I couldn't found any problem regarding virus, worm or trojans.

Found U've Zonealarm installed. Check ur settings, if put to High(or whichever is the highest security mode) it may block internet traffic, u need to manually unblock or whitelist the programs which are allowed to access Internet. Check those settings.

As u say FF is able to connect, I guess its already whitelisted; check for IE and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom