Please help in Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Planning to buy a new computer. Hve decided on Intel D102 GGC2 (ATI X200 onboard) , 2 x 512 MB DDR2 RAM, 160GB HDD.

Just want to know -

1. Is this board capable of playing 3d games without an additional AGP card? Specially, Fifa 06.

2. I can also go for G965 instead of D102, which one is better in terms of 3d gaming quality?

(BTW: Ya, I know installing an AGP card wud b better, but rite now planning to go with out it.... )

Please help urgently.... :confused:

Stalker

Padawan
102ggc2 has a pci-e slot....not agp ( correct me if i'm wrong)
if it has an agp slot, u shud get a newer board
x200 is a shader model 2 chip.....u shud be able to play most of the games @ low quality
u can get a palit x1600pro for 4 k & its pretty gud (dx 9.0c & sm 3)

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
bad_till_bones said:
Planning to buy a new computer. Hve decided on Intel D102 GGC2 (ATI X200 onboard) , 2 x 512 MB DDR2 RAM, 160GB HDD.

Just want to know -

1. Is this board capable of playing 3d games without an additional AGP card? Specially, Fifa 06.

2. I can also go for G965 instead of D102, which one is better in terms of 3d gaming quality?

(BTW: Ya, I know installing an AGP card wud b better, but rite now planning to go with out it.... )

Please help urgently.... :confused:

Why are you going for AGP. AGP is an outdated technology, and you would hardly get a board and a card to support that. Anyhow boards with PCIE are pretty affordable. 3D games is a vague term, all are 3D games these days unless you are talking about PACMAN. Its the level of quality and the resolution for the game that would decide what kind of system you wanna built.

Pathik

Google Bot
if u plan to get a GC soon... then go 4 dg965ry....
otherwise d102ggc2.... btw the onboard gfx of d102 r neday better than 965...

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Yeah D102-GGC2 has a PCI - Express slot. Anyways, I just want to know, whether the integrated display card in D102 capable of playing games smoothly (especially like Fifa 06) and which motherboard is better without an additional Graphics card (installed on PCI-E slot) - G965 or D102, in respect of playing games?

Last edited:

Stalker

Padawan
u can play FIFA06 / 07 on x200 @ 1024 high damn smoothly

onboard gfx of 102 r better than those of 965
but 965 is a better mobo.....core2duo support, better audio etc..

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
pathiks said:
if u plan to get a GC soon... then go 4 dg965ry....
otherwise d102ggc2.... btw the onboard gfx of d102 r neday better than 965...

I would say 965 are far better boards than D102, the only drawback is there is no on board graphic solution, except Gigabyte DS3 and its the best option for people opting for 965 with onboard graphics.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
sam9s said:
I would say 965 are far better boards than D102, the only drawback is there is no on board graphic solution, except Gigabyte DS3 and its the best option for people opting for 965 with onboard graphics.

As I said, rite now I am only going 4 on board graphics card.....so by keeping graphics card in mind which one leads???? :confused:

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
yeah thats the only diff... And sam i never said d102 is d better one.. But it defi has the better onboard gfx btw the 2

premsharma

In the zone
sam9s said:

Gigabyte DS3 has which graphics onbaord i.e Intel GMA something or SOmething from ATI or Nvidia.

Otherway arround, is there any mobo in 965 chipset with onboard graphics of other than intel GMA.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
premsharma said:
Gigabyte DS3 has which graphics onbaord i.e Intel GMA something or SOmething from ATI or Nvidia.

Otherway arround, is there any mobo in 965 chipset with onboard graphics of other than intel GMA.

DS3 has Intel GMA X3000. Checkout the link...

*www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mothe...iew.aspx?ProductID=2417&ModelName=GA-965G-DS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom