Please Help .. I am Infected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MambaXL

Broken In
I have 1 desktop and 1 laptop in LAN (using Cross Over Cable). Both of my machines are infected by a same virus ( as i suspect , but not sure ).
My internet connection stops responding frequently . I use BSNL DataOne. Even if i turn off my modem , the notification icon doesnot change (it looks like as if connected). I cant disconnect or get the status because the window just doesnot appear. In my Desktop i use Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition and in my laptop i use Norton Antivirus 2005 . All the virus definitions are updated daily by me .
Sometimes my desktop detects a Trojan Horse (Generic3.Downloader) , i deletes it but the file again re-appears. But their is no such case in my Laptop.

please help me to sort out this problem , i am in a very bad state of frustration.

goobimama

 Macboy
Get the trial version of Kaspersky and remove that Norton Antivirus. I installed Kaspersky on my fully infected system and it cleared out all the virii...

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
NAV seriously sucks...I didnt like even a single of its versions..Let it be 2003,04,05,06,07 :mad::mad::mad::mad: ...It just scrws ur system:-?

DDIF

Custom User Title
Try Downloading Avast AntiVirus Free Home edition or Reffer to digit CD for december. It will fully clean up all viruses and is less resource hungry.
<www.avast.com>

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
MambaXL said:
I have 1 desktop and 1 laptop in LAN (using Cross Over Cable). Both of my machines are infected by a same virus ( as i suspect , but not sure ).
My internet connection stops responding frequently . I use BSNL DataOne. Even if i turn off my modem , the notification icon doesnot change (it looks like as if connected). I cant disconnect or get the status because the window just doesnot appear. In my Desktop i use Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition and in my laptop i use Norton Antivirus 2005 . All the virus definitions are updated daily by me .
Sometimes my desktop detects a Trojan Horse (Generic3.Downloader) , i deletes it but the file again re-appears. But their is no such case in my Laptop.

please help me to sort out this problem , i am in a very bad state of frustration.

Update the definitions of Norton antivirus and scan in "safe mode".
Most of the antivirus softwares doesn't offer protection to spywares, which are causing more threats than virus now-a-days. Do you have any anti-spyware software installed? If not, do it now.
Download and install "SpyBot- Search & Destroy", update it's definitions and scan entire system in "safe mode".

mawerickin

Broken In
rep if it helps
your problem seems -the virus is threading into system files which reqiures intense scan into files.

i think avg antivrius from www.grisoft.com will help as its the best thread scanner i have come accross in my 23 yrs computers software experience.

download the trial copy , run a full system scan and heal/clean/delete the infected files.

OP
MambaXL

MambaXL

Broken In
thank you guys , but i m confused . shall i go for AVG , Avast or Kaspersky. BTW i use Mozilla Firefox v2.0.0.1 and also i never tried IE6 . I'll let you guys know if this problems occurs in IE6 too. My OS is XP (sp2).

abhijangda

Padawan
My friend MambaXL u must use Quick Heal Anti-Virus or other powerfull antivirus like norton or mcafee. I recommend Quick Heal. As it has daily update an weekly update. Download trial version from www.quickheal.com. Update it definition and then reboot into safemode do a full system scan. Then restart ur system into normail mode. Turn off the system restore feature. Then restart and then turn on ur system restore i will recommend u use Quick Heal. As I didn't get virus of any kind in my computer for more than 1 yr while using quick heal.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
abhijangda said:
My friend MambaXL u must use Quick Heal Anti-Virus or other powerfull antivirus like norton or mcafee. I recommend Quick Heal. As it has daily update an weekly update. Download trial version from www.quickheal.com. Update it definition and then reboot into safemode do a full system scan. Then restart ur system into normail mode. Turn off the system restore feature. Then restart and then turn on ur system restore i will recommend u use Quick Heal. As I didn't get virus of any kind in my computer for more than 1 yr while using quick heal.

Sorry to say my friend, Quickheal has the worst detection rates. You can't compare it to any others in the market. Free versions like avast! and AVG are much better than QH. On the other hand Kaspersky Antivirus is best among paid versions providing hourly updates.

anandk

Distinguished Member
i take it that its ur pc which is infected :D

even i feel u shud consider uninstalling norton. norton is a great brand, but a not-so-great av !? use the norton uninstaller to uninstal it. not only does it fail many a times in deleting the malware, it dznt even uninstal intself properly ! though i belive the 2007 versions are better.

avast, avg are good freeware av. kaspersky is a cool shareware av. quikheal, though also has 100% vb certification, is known to miss some virii on occasions...

install, update and scan ur pc in SAFE MODE.
also use any one good freeware anti-spyware like avg anti-spy, adaware, spybot to scan ur in sefe mode for spyware.

lastly use 'ccleaner' to clear up ur residual pc junk. shud help. else post ur hjt logfile here.

codeash

Broken In
Stop confusing him with giving him n number of antivirus software.

I would suggest you use any antivirus you like and scan in safe mode. If you are facing problem in connecting to internet to get the software then boot in safe mode with networking and connect to internet scan then and see. I think you are infected by trojan so use any trojan removal tool and some trojan generic virus have their own removal tools too google for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom