please help.how to activate the windows defragmentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
guys please help me can anyone please tell me how to activate or open the windows defragmentation option and how to perform windows defragmentation.since i have never tried it out so please it will be kind of you if you could explain it in detail.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Log in as a user with administrative priviledges. Then, go to Control Panel and select Administrative Tools. Go for Computer Management... In the left menu under Storage, you have Defragmenter tool. On selecting it, the main left window indicates list of partitions. Select the first partition and click on the Defragment button. After it is complete, you have option to view a report. Repeat this for all your partitions...

Arun

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Easy way
Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Disk Defragmenter->Select the Drive ->Analyze->=if windows suggests u to defragment then Proceed(as this is your first time you have to)->Defragment.

& before Defragmenting =>Turn OFF Anti-Virus & FireWall (third party-ZoneAlarm). & the Hibernate Option.

Disable Hibernate- right click on desktop -> properties-> SxreenSaver-> Power-> &under Hibernate tab _> "Disable Hibernate" :)

sakumar79

Technomancer
Another method is rightclick on the partition and select Properties. Go to Tools Tab and select Defragment now... The necessary process starts automatically...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom