Please Help for DVD-Rom Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

moshel

Padawan
Hi guys,

Ok i got some money and i want to buy a DVD-rom drive....pls read carefully...i dont want a writer or a combo drive but only dvd reader.

I heard that there are some problems in LG and Samsung.....are there?
and how about sony......is that a good quality available?
any other good company there?

Please help me....i left the job and i am buying it from the last paycheck.

Thanks to digit i have a reason to buy a dvd rom drive :roll:

G

gxsaurav

U won't have any problem due to LG or Samsung, get LG as it supports more formats if U can't get Lite-on

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well........i've seen 3 lite-on drives fail b4 my eyes......well..dat may b due to bad pieces...but prob wid lite-on is.....after sales support is bad...they cant easily replace it.....

best bet wud be to go in for sony.....dats d best

tuxfan

Technomancer
I use Samsung. My hardware guy says it has better support from company during problems. BTW, I know this guy since last 6-7 years and my father knows him since he was born :) So he won't give a biased opinion.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
but navneeth infra red says that he had 3 lite ons going ou to the bin b4 his eyes.

maybe he had some probs.
i wud prefer a sony but i m going for a samsung in the digit offer.
may i wud fix a sony when i m upgrading !!!

OP
moshel

moshel

Padawan
mariner said:
but navneeth infra red says that he had 3 lite ons going ou to the bin b4 his eyes.

maybe he had some probs.
i wud prefer a sony but i m going for a samsung in the digit offer.
may i wud fix a sony when i m upgrading !!!

I really liked the offer of smasung drive in Digit.......only 1400 while here the hardware guy is telling me 2000 for the same one.

i thought about the offer in digit but when i read the terms and conditions i thought against it and will buy for more from here instead of ordering from the mag.

Anyway thankyou guys for the replies.....

navneeth_snr

Journeyman
Hi mariner,

Each person will be having his own opinion and view. My cosin has the Liteon Dvd rom and its really good. Yes even Sony is good. But I don't prefer Samsung for Dvd Roms. Even I have ordered Liteon in Digit offer.

demoninside

In the zone
hey as i said no prob with sumsung
but still some times it don`t read vedio DVD so u need to restart the system than it`ll recognise, so prob with data DVD`s

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
well guess cant help it now. i orderedsamsung cos all the computer technicians i know recommended to go for samsungrayher than liteon . so guess i gotta live with it .

busyanuj

In the zone
hafees said:
no one is telling what is exactly the problem with samsung DVD drive.

well, the Samsung DVD drive doesn't support as many DVD formats as Lite-On or other drives.

OP
moshel

moshel

Padawan
Thank you guys for your help

I bought a Sony DVD drive for 2200.....cos i saw that no one said that sony was bad....i mean everybody agreed that sony is good quality so i had to give 200 more than samsung.....

And i like it cos for one thing the tray doesnt make a lotta of sound while ejecting and inserting like my samsung CD drive and LG CD writer does.

Thank you PPL

G

gxsaurav

O would say that, eb it sony, samsung, Lite-On go for the one which supports the maximum Formats, I would prefer a LG orLite-On DVD Rom Drive, reason, they both are really quite & operate goo as aDVD Drive, Lite-On is not available everywhere while LG has only 25 6KB buffer, but that won't affect in anything

I prefer LG if Lite-On is not available, cos it also supports all the DVD formats - & +, dual layer DVDs will not be availabel for another 1.5 years in India in mass quantity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom