Please Help ! A big Quiz really!

Status
Not open for further replies.

huzaifa b arab

GetUserTitle()
I have an assembled Pc Having a 733 Mhz celeron processor,Intel 82810 motherboard
with 128 Mb of Ram, a 20 GB seagate Hard disk and Only windows Xp installed on it.

Q1:I cannot install Windows 98se on my pc. Even though i have formatted my c drive , after compleation
of my installation ,at where it searches for plug & play devices,the machine hangs.I have tried
this 2-3 times but no success. I have changed the RAM and uninstalled the LAN card(not connected to any other comp.)
but nothing seemed to change the intention of my machine.also after reinstalling XP i saw remnant, incompleate installation
folder named "win98SE".What shall i do?
Q2:How can i install Win 98 se if i have only Win XP?
Q3:Are There Any Good PCI GRAPHICs cards available to play modern games.If yes which & where can i get them?
what might be the cost?Are there any sites on the net, Offering them (first hand or second hand)any of them.
Q4:how can i allot RAM to my Graphics card (on board). how can i Tweak it and where and which drivers are the
latest for my Motherboard and graphics C.
Q5:I have a Microtech 15" Multi sync mono CRT colour monitor.Its problem is that the display appears
even after win Xp is loaded . If loading is slow or if i pause the Boot up screen the display after a long time
appears from the the down and swiftlyn goes up as if swinging. Aftersome time this stops
and we get a normal display.Initially the Picture is very dark which after wards brightens
but still the brightness is very less as compared to a normal monitor.I have made the proper
settings for the monitors brightness but still the picture is dark. when i play Quake III the
arena is dark inspite of full in game as well as external brightness settings.And yes , I want to remind
you that the desktop will initially be dark but will never flicker like the windows loading and the boot up screen.
Is it a problem of my graphic card or the CRT?
Q6: The CD-ROM Does not Tray out easily But i have to insert a pin inside the hole near the
eject Button.
Q7:Can i attach a DVD RW at this configuration?

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
mR. U cannt install 98 after installing XP got tht! actually after installing a newer version of Windows .. u can't install the other OS (older version) on ur comp!

& abt 98 refusing to install or hanging in b/w might be the problem is with cd not ur comp!

CD-ROM . i think it needs to get corrected might be its alignment is not fine! :cry: get it repaired .

Yes! U can always install DVD-RW at this configuration .. no probs as such ..

Hope this information helps U!
gud luck!

rohanbee

Padawan
I think by formatting your hard drive you could probably do a fresh install of windows 98.

Regarding cd-rom please get a new one, they are very cheap now days and any kind of servicing on that would be the same amount as buying a new one.

Pci cards as far as i know are almost non-existant but you might be able to get a second hand one if you know a reseller who does AMC's as they have acess to a lot of old and new computers.

Hope this was some help!!!

stalin

Journeyman
Get BootNG and Make a Bootable CD. Install BootNG and create two partion. Read the manual install however you want wheather 98 first or winXP first. I dont think PCI card avaiable in market go for Second hand card it cost you around from Rs.300 to Rs. 500. The Generation has change from PCI to AVG and Now it is PCI Express Graphic Card. You get New CDrom around Rs. 600 to Rs. 750.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
huzaifa b arab said:
I have an assembled Pc Having a 733 Mhz celeron processor,Intel 82810 motherboard
with 128 Mb of Ram, a 20 GB seagate Hard disk and Only windows Xp installed on it.

Q1:I cannot install Windows 98se on my pc. Even though i have formatted my c drive , after compleation
of my installation ,at where it searches for plug & play devices,the machine hangs.I have tried
this 2-3 times but no success. I have changed the RAM and uninstalled the LAN card(not connected to any other comp.)
but nothing seemed to change the intention of my machine.also after reinstalling XP i saw remnant, incompleate installation
folder named "win98SE".What shall i do?

No use tryin even 1000 times u cannot install a lower version when u have the higher version mayb format with XP and install 98 first and then do a seperate Install of XP
huzaifa b arab said:
Q2:How can i install Win 98 se if i have only Win XP?

already answered above :)

huzaifa b arab said:
Q3:Are There Any Good PCI GRAPHICs cards available to play modern games.If yes which & where can i get them?
what might be the cost?Are there any sites on the net, Offering them (first hand or second hand)any of them.

Yes, ofcourse if u can spend about 12K get 6600 :wink:
huzaifa b arab said:
Q4:how can i allot RAM to my Graphics card (on board). how can i Tweak it and where and which drivers are the
latest for my Motherboard and graphics

Go to Bios and select the amount of memory u want to share but i suggest dont give more than 16 cos already u have only 128 MB ram

huzaifa b arab said:
Q5:I have a Microtech 15" Multi sync mono CRT colour monitor.Its problem is that the display appears
even after win Xp is loaded . If loading is slow or if i pause the Boot up screen the display after a long time
appears from the the down and swiftlyn goes up as if swinging. Aftersome time this stops
and we get a normal display.Initially the Picture is very dark which after wards brightens
but still the brightness is very less as compared to a normal monitor.I have made the proper
settings for the monitors brightness but still the picture is dark. when i play Quake III the
arena is dark inspite of full in game as well as external brightness settings.And yes , I want to remind
you that the desktop will initially be dark but will never flicker like the windows loading and the boot up screen.
Is it a problem of my graphic card or the CRT?

Is it a new monitor?and if so is it with warranty then plz change it asap.if not try gettin a new Samsung or LG monitor they r better.

huzaifa b arab said:
Q6: The CD-ROM Does not Tray out easily But i have to insert a pin inside the hole near the
eject Button.

the motor could be at fault.send the drive for servicing

huzaifa b arab said:
Q7:Can i attach a DVD RW at this configuration?

Yes you can.

chanduthebest

Broken In
only option is : install Windows 98 and then go for Xp,
also check that ur hard disk is with FAT32 and not NTFS, as far as i know windows 98 does not work with NTFS.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
yehmeriidhain said:
mR. U cannt install 98 after installing XP got tht! actually after installing a newer version of Windows .. u can't install the other OS (older version) on ur comp!

Totally Wrong.
Yes we can install 98 after xp if XP is not a NTFS partition. Check *www.petri.co.il/install_windows_98_after_windows_xp.htm

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
navjotjsingh said:
yehmeriidhain said:

Totally Wrong.
Yes we can install 98 after xp if XP is not a NTFS partition. Check *www.petri.co.il/install_windows_98_after_windows_xp.htm

I think U got me wrong over this ... well newayzz it was my fault of not mentioning it completely abt the NTFS thing! ... Thanks! for pointing! to my mistake! :D it happened bcz i was in a kind of hurry! .. so typed it! incompletely!

expertno.1

Technomancer
yehmeriidhain is right i was also sometime having the same thread bu this site only told me the way

you can install 98 after xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom