my rig is:-
AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ SOCKET 939 -RS 10300
ASUS A8N SLI-DELUXE MOTHERBOARD -RS 11900
CORSAIR TWINX1024-3200XL (2-2-2-5) 1GB RAM -RS 13600
LEADTEK PX6600GT TDH EXTREME(SLI PACK) -RS 24800
SEAGATE 80GB 7200 RPM -RS 2600
SONY COMBO DRIVE- RS2700

PLEASE SPECIFICALLY TELL ME THE PRICES OF MY GRAPHIC CARDS AND THE RAM
I THINK I HAVE BOUGHT THE CORSAIR RAM EXPENSIVE AS WELL AS THE SLI PACK OF LEADTEK CARDS.
ALSO TELL ME IS MY SYSTEM FUTURE PROOF.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Good system but ruined by the addition of the IDE HDD. You should have gone for the SATA (I'm assuming your HDD isn't SATA judging by the price).
The HDD is the slowest component when it comes to data transfer and you should have considered a SATA HDD to improve load times while playing games.
SLI is cool to have, but has limited use. Very few games can actually use SLI. The money you spent on 2 6600GT's would have been better spent on a better single card solution. Remember that while playing most games, only one of your 2 cards is being used.
You should also have thought about separate CD-writer and DVD-ROM drive. These are only slightly more expensive than a combo drive.

OP
D

dinesh_singh

yes the hdd is a pata and i m buying a SATA in a week or two.
thanx for the feedback. :)
yes but by the new realese of nvidia forceware drivers we have got a new big list of games and currently i m playing doom3 which give me about 95% higher performance in sli mode.
the whole thing is about the drivers which support the game and the cards.
so i was quite intrested in sli.
any feedback will be appreacited highly

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
you shd have gone for 6800gt pci-e,do you wish to oc,your cpu is expensive also your mobo choice may have been different.

go for antec or better psu

ask others

but try for 450watts or higher antec

godzi_85

In the zone
hi
dinesh_singh

me too was planning to go for an sli system.. care to tell me from where did you get this..
for now i`m struggling to find corsair dual channel memory....
i live in mumbai..
also tell me about your case and PSU..
and if you can please help me out wth dealer addresses
thanks a lot!

[flAsh]

In the zone
I think u saved a lot of money by buying a SLi Combo pack.
But 2 6800 non Ultra in SLi wud defeat ur rig by huge margin

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
i bought 2 , 512mb ddr 400 corsair cl=2.5 modules for 2800 + tax in delhi

do you want to go for upto ddr 550

GameAddict

In the zone
Combo seems a bit expensive!

Hi,

My friend bought a LG Combo drive a week back for Rs.2250/-. And I had read somewhere that Sony Combo Drives are actually, LiteOn. So I think that Combo Drive went a bit expensive. :!:

Bye!

GA

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@dinesh_singh
a very good rig. btw here are my notes

:arrow: processor is costly by around 500 bucks.
:arrow: u shud have gone for separate writer and dvd rom instead of a combo drive.
:arrow: the ram price is okay , i think those are xtra low latency modules and are indded very costly. so dont worry about the ram prices.
:arrow: go for a sata 2 hardisk instead of sata.
:arrow: make sure you have a very good smps (antec preferred) min. 400W and a very good cabinet also (again antec preferred).

everything else is fine. happy gaming !!!

rohanbee

Padawan
dinesh_singh said:
my rig is:-
AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ SOCKET 939 -RS 10300
ASUS A8N SLI-DELUXE MOTHERBOARD -RS 11900
CORSAIR TWINX1024-3200XL (2-2-2-5) 1GB RAM -RS 13600
LEADTEK PX6600GT TDH EXTREME(SLI PACK) -RS 24800
SEAGATE 80GB 7200 RPM -RS 2600
SONY COMBO DRIVE- RS2700

PLEASE SPECIFICALLY TELL ME THE PRICES OF MY GRAPHIC CARDS AND THE RAM
I THINK I HAVE BOUGHT THE CORSAIR RAM EXPENSIVE AS WELL AS THE SLI PACK OF LEADTEK CARDS.
ALSO TELL ME IS MY SYSTEM FUTURE PROOF.

As already suggested by some ppl change to a sata hard drive....
About sli i have read in a lot of reviews that two graphic cards firstly need a board that has two pci -express slots which are not to popular and mainly the preformance of two 6600 will still be much lesser than a vanilla 6800 card..............so whats the point?

godzi_85

In the zone
hmm ya the performance of 2*6600 gt matches that of the 6800 gt.. and that of 2*6800 gt matches that of the ultra...(but gets screwed by the golden samples)
hmmm its not that bad a rig.. anyways...
but ya in mumbai you get a single 6800 gt for 24000 anyways.
and i did read in quite a few reviews that 2* plain 6800's do not work well in 3d environments. in sli mode.. so i would`nt go for a plain 6800 if i was gonna get another card after some time anyways...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@akshayt
dude why should he go for a single 6800 card when he himself is reporting a 95% increase in the perfomance of doom 3 ?

also check this out ,
*www.slizone.com/content/slizone/game.html

these are the list of games that are going to offer increased perfomance with the new forceware driver. and nvidia is constantly updating the list of games and with future driver releases sli will rock !!!

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Yeah bad choice of hdd n rom drive.
Should v gone for a sata2 as ur mobo has support.
Also combo drive was a bad one for wasting 2.6k.
Do u have any idea that DVD writers are available for as low as 4K.
N it wont take a long time for dvd writer to be a standard component in all systems(be it high end or low end).
Also ya did not mention bout ur cabinet n no of fans n other cooling soln u are using.
Pay more importance to these 2 factors considering
the very expensive components you have.
You wont want to burn out by overheating.
Go for any high end 3rd party fan & heatsink combo
if u can afford it.
N lookin at ur conf. ya surely can afford it.

[flAsh]

In the zone
@dinesh good rig if u can buy the PC4300 DDR SDRAM it wud prove gr8 for overclocking (if u wud ever consider).
Also keep trying and testing new beta SLi drivers 4 finding a good less buggy driver

SATA II hdd's don't cost a bomb just a few hundred bucks more than SATA I HDD'sbut their availabilty is in question

U need to search 4 it

Also if u don't hav OC in mind 4get aboout buying any 3rd party HSF

OP
D

dinesh_singh

first of all

the point is the dvd cobo drive is about 2 years old....and so as the hdd.
i now upgraded only ram cpu mobo powersupply and graphic card.
so in coming week i will be upgrading to sata but i wont be able to go for a dvd writer.hey sli rocks.....i will be posting some benchmarks soon.
bye i m busy in gaming right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom