playstation + TV vs good gaming pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

harsh bajpai

Hey guys do you like to play games using playstation on your large television or you'd better play on a PC .

I mean good GPUs like the 7800GTX cost around Rs.3x000 whereas a ps3 or xbox 360 will also cost maximum about Rs.30000 (i dunno exactly, and almost everyone has a 29" or bigger television nowadays) plus there are other expenses in good gaming PC (I think you all understand what i'm trying to say ). so as far as gaming is concerned which would you rather go for playstation and other gaming consoles or a high end PC.

please reason your replies
Thanx

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hey you have the stuff that we all dream of having one day, the 7800GTX, so why this question? If I were you, I would have been very happy and proud.

OP
H

harsh bajpai

It's not that i'm not happy. i just want to justify that spending so much on a PC is better than playing games on cheaper consoles.

OP
G

gxsaurav

if your requirments are gaming only, then U better get a console, it'a a lot better then PC, as it lasts for 5 years, even more where even a 7800GT will get obselete in 3 to 4 years

best bet, get a console with a Cheap PC

OP
H

harsh bajpai

but people,especially my friends say that the picture quality is much better in a PC ( resolution etc.) !!! :?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
It only appears that the picture quality is better on a TV. It happens due to a number ot reasons. Firstly, the resolution on TVs is way below what computer monitors are capable of. Secondly, games for consoles are optimized for them and since you sit a fair distance away from the TV, it looks as if the graphics are brilliant. But of course, PC gaming is expensive and if you can get hold of good console games, you can definitely make do with a console for gaming and a basic PC for everything else.

OP
H

harsh bajpai

@nemesis
that is an exellent reason to get a PC, the latest consoles (XBox 360, ps3 etc)as far as i am aware of doesn't play pirated games and even if they do it will take time. on the other hand pirated PC games are easily available and they are comparatively very cheap.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
More over to see the real visual capablity of consoles such as ps3 and xbox360 u need a HDTV. It works fine with normal tv but there is a lot of difference (visually).

I have a ps2 and it give a better gamplay experience for some games (like BURNOUT, TEKKEN, PRINCE OF PERSIA etc) but on the other hand games such as DOOM3, HL2, FARCRY etc. gives better experience on a pc.

But one thing is to ps2's advantage is that I have had it for 3 years and no upgrade is required but still gives the gameplay enjoyment as it is new.

But in meantime I have had assembled a new pc once and upgraded it's RAM,GFX etc. to get the required performance.

aceman

Broken In
One more thing XBOX 360 (20,000) + HDTV (55,000)=75,000.

Nice 21"inch CRT monitor or 19"inch LCD ~Rs 15,000 +Geforce 6800 Rs 19,000=Rs 34,000
Considering games are cheaper for PC , pc is a better bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom