Playstation 3 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickyadvani

Journeyman
Check the pics of PS3 , u gonna love it

*www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/PlayStation_3_First_Impressions/551-80069-699.html

source techtree

T

thunderbird.117

It is a wonderful cooking machine. You can make chicken briyani,mutton briyani, rice and what else.

Other than that. PS3 is a crappy console and sony deserves to die. :D

PS3 is not at all selling that good anywhere in globe.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
thunderbird.117 said:
It is a wonderful cooking machine. You can make chicken briyani,mutton briyani, rice and what else.

Other than that. PS3 is a crappy console and sony deserves to die. :D

PS3 is not at all selling that good anywhere in globe.

It surely is not a crappy console. Are you one of the xbots always waiting for a thread to bash PS3. IMO both consoles are good , some ppl just love to spread the hate and internet is right place for them.

T

thunderbird.117

tarey_g said:
It surely is not a crappy console. Are you one of the xbots always waiting for a thread to bash PS3. IMO both consoles are good , some ppl just love to spread the hate and internet is right place for them.

Iam not a xboy fans either.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Do people not know that though Wii is selling badly good and xbox 360 has reached over millions of sales both consoles are not comparable to the ps3 in terms of power as the wii is mighty and the xbox 360 is just about half of it.The motion sensor in the ps3 remote quite rivals the wii nun-chuck.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
What? PS3 motion sensors cant be comapred to Wiimote. PS3's motion sensing capabilities are quite rudimentry at best.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
maan one thing you should understand is PS3 is here to STAY for a looooong time.

XBoX will die as soon as Game Makers go for Blu-Ray disks, the HD DVD holds only 9GB, but Blu-Ray = 50GB.

best example will be with GTA4.

remember the PS2 story ?:D, when it was new, there was NO GAME that was good on it (jus like now in PS3), but with time Sony developed better tools & developers learnt how to control PS2's power.

one thing's for sure, PS3 will stay for more than PS2 did.:cool:.

& Games play major role in console sale, right?, so wait another year & see PS3 selling more than XbOx360 & more than its bro- PS2.

& guys please dont compare the Wii with these consoles, XboX360 & PS3 handle High Definition, Wii cant.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
microsoft entered this industry fairly recently... Sony's been here quite a while... xperience counts moe than money put.
XBox is a PS2 contender... PS3 is awesome. If something can b done about the cost... it'll sell like pizzas :D
Also.. think of the no of games supported.

The PSIII is a gaming goddess. Period.

Last edited:

Goten

Banned
PS3 is costly....Every1 in this world cannot afford HDTVs just for the sake of gaming.

PS3's Future is a gamble by Sony.

Giving us something that we dont need at this time.

LOL....twice as powerful as Xbox....yet we dont see ne difference.

I dont sit with a microscope when I play games.

Peace~~~!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
LOL....twice as powerful as Xbox....yet we dont see ne difference.
thats true :p

my answer- (from post #9)
remember the PS2 story ?, when it was new, there was NO GAME that was good on it (jus like now in PS3), but with time Sony developed better tools & developers learnt how to control PS2's power.

there was a article @ gamespot about NFS Carbon on Xbox & PS3, EA said they cud only manage to use 20% of PS3's power, & still the game looked better on PS3 :p

Giving us something that we dont need at this time.
like i said, PS3's here to STAY for Loooooong time. where can you buy a Blu-ray disk player at $600.
& PS3 was not desingned with India in Sony's mind:p (HDTV).

P.S. i'm not fanboy.

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
XBoX will die as soon as Game Makers go for Blu-Ray disks, the HD DVD holds only 9GB, but Blu-Ray = 50GB.
A single layer HD-DVD holds 15 GB. Xbox uses DVD, not HD-DVD for its game disks. HD-DVD is just an add-on for Xbox, while the blu-ray drive is a part of the PS3. PS3 is hi-def with the blu-rays, Xbox 360 is still stuck with standard-def DVDs. (A single layer Blu-ray holds 25 GB - 10 gigs more than a HD-DVD)

PS3 is way more powerful than the 360. Blu-ray drive is built-in, there's a 9-core processor, motion sensitivity is there, and is much cooler than than the 360.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
thanks for the correction :)

"Toshiba Corp. has developed a prototype HD-DVD disc that increases the format’s storage capacity by 50 percent - 45GB, and brings it much closer to that of the rival Blu-ray Disc...more"

hmm, is this three layer HD-DVD out yet?

:roll:

Last edited:

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
"Toshiba Corp. has developed a prototype HD-DVD disc that increases the format’s storage capacity by 50 percent - 45GB, and brings it much closer to that of the rival Blu-ray Disc...more"
Dual-layer blu-ray has 50 gigs of storage, considerably more than that of HD-DVD.

hmm, is this three layer HD-DVD out yet?
I don't think so.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
nepcker said:
PS3 is hi-def with the blu-rays, Xbox 360 is still stuck with standard-def DVDs.
If you are talking in terms of game content then well it is cetainly Hi-definition based.It can do 1080i resolutions with the game provided they are coded to handle such high resolutions.Hence 1080i is nowhere a standard resolution mate.If you are talking in terms of movie content then yes the 360 is still using the traditional DVD display.

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
If you are talking in terms of game content then well it is cetainly Hi-definition based.It can do 1080i resolutions with the game provided they are coded to handle such high resolutions.Hence 1080i is nowhere a standard resolution mate.If you are talking in terms of movie content then yes the 360 is still using the traditional DVD display.
PS3 can give 1080p. 1080i is just like 720p - who likes interlaced displays?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Pray tell me If I show you a 1080p & 1080i display will you ever make out the difference in real life? NO.For a normal human viewing it won't make a mountain of a difference.

1080i is just like 720p
:shock:
Please tell me I did not read that.Dude any idea what the difference between the 2 is? or rather the resolution display is?

who likes interlaced displays?
Ask the people enjoying Gears of War on a 360 with "interlaced" display & they will bash you till kingdom come for making such a statement.:D

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
Pray tell me If I show you a 1080p & 1080i display will you ever make out the difference in real life? NO.For a normal human viewing it won't make a mountain of a difference.
If you show both to me in a 1080p display, yes I can tell you the difference.

Please tell me I did not read that.Dude any idea what the difference between the 2 is? or rather the resolution display is?
1080i has higher resolution, but the quality between the two almost the same.

Ask the people enjoying Gears of War on a 360 with "interlaced" display & they will bash you till kingdom come for making such a statement.
That's because they've paid for the 360, and haven't yet seen 1080p.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
PS3 is not twice as powerful as XBOX 360 , it may be bit poerful but not twic. And till we don't see any noticable difference between a 360 and a PS3 title, there is not point of arguing over which one is more powerful.

One thing to be noted is that despite being costly PS3 offers better value for money. Current example is XBOX 360 Elite, this version is still behind the PS3 in many ways but costs similar to PS3. So those who can buy a PS3 are buying it for a fair price, but for starters 360 @ 299$ is a option which sony does not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom