PlayStation 3 Losers Need to Get a Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
PlayStation 3 Losers Need to Get a Life

The launch of the latest generation of video game consoles has now come and gone. As usual, the launches coincided with a massive media orgy, hysterical crowds camping out at the megastores and some all-around bad behavior on the part of a lot of people. The PlayStation 3 launch, in particular, seemed to drag down the collective IQ and social skills of a lot of people. Talk about a bunch of losers who need to get a life.

You're a Loser
Before I go into the details of why the PS3 launch was such a disaster and why so many people involved in it at all levels are losers, let me clarify exactly who I'm talking about as far as what a PS3 loser is and please note that, although I'm focusing on the PS3 launch, some of this also extends to Xbox and Nintendo gamers as well.
You're a loser if...
  • You paid $500 and up for a video game system.
  • You camped out anywhere to buy one for your personal use.
  • You camped out anywhere to buy one and then try to dump it on eBay or some other auction site for a massive profit.
  • You were stupid enough to fall for Sony (and Nintendo and Microsoft's) pretend shortages designed to stoke consumer angst and create a media event around the launch of a videogame system.
  • You're a parent and you actually bought a PS3 for your kid because of the hype.
  • You're a Sony executive and you thought your system would rule the roost...joke's on you, Nintendo is outselling you. Your system costs too much, thanks to your decision to use it to try and force Blu-Ray onto the world.
  • You're a game developer and you develop exclusively for the PS3.
Read the full article here.

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
You're a Sony executive and you thought your system would rule the roost...joke's on you, Nintendo is outselling you. Your system costs too much, thanks to your decision to use it to try and force Blu-Ray onto the world

I agree with this completely :x

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Except blu-ray support, I think XBOX 360 is better than PS3. The system is much too expensive. Not that X360 is cheaper (sells at around Rs.25000 :mad:), but PS3, when it comes to India, might well cost over Rs.35000.:mad:

G

gxsaurav

digitized said:
Except blu-ray support, I think XBOX 360 is better than PS3. The system is much too expensive. Not that X360 is cheaper (sells at around Rs.25000 :mad:), but PS3, when it comes to India, might well cost over Rs.35000.:mad:

u can buy a computer in that price man

hash!!

________
@drvarunmehta
well, i wouldnt label anyone as a loser cuz he spent big bucks on a gaming console... the fact that ure commenting upon the phenomenon of a video game creating such a massive hype, is in itself, speaks of its success... about camping outside a shop or whteva, well, it may seem dumb, but some people choose to go with the hype... its not a world of saints and abstinence... people have money, they pretty much have the right to spend it on whteva they like to... its theirs after all...
you're just too cynical that it hurts you... gaming is in its truest sense, a full-on industry... people earn outta it...
you dont call yourself a loser when you go watch a movie at a multiplex spendin 150 bucks for a ticket and treat yourself to popcorn worth 40 bucks?
its entertainment dude... and it sells...
despite the fact that i dont own a console, i dont think those guys are losers to spend money on a console.. they have it, so they spend it...
and on the other side, its overwhelming how technology is makin hyper-jumps... its makin life a lot better, theres a lot more to do, and a lot more to look forward to... lose it dude, its technology all around you, and its growing with you, and making almost everythn a lot simpler and a lot more fun...
and in any case, theres pros and cons to everythn... :p

cheers... :)

p.s: just noticed your rig... did you spend all that money on your x1600 cuz u ddnt have nowhere else to waste it? cuz the console gamers would prolly say that they're gonna get better eyecandy on their console for the coming 1-2 years whereas you're gonna hvta upgrade to a better card later for better gaming.... they're still gonna get more outta their consoles...

Last edited:

prasad_den

Padawan
This might be old news....but something relevant..!!
Father Killed Child Over Video Game
Tyrone Spellman, 25, Faces Murder Charges And Others
A 25-year-old North Philadelphia man has been charged with killing his young daughter.
The mother said 17-month-old Alayiah was violently punched by Tyrone Spellman over a video game.
"My baby is gone at the hands of her father," Mia Turman said tearfully. "I have to put her in the ground, I shouldn't have to do this."
As the 21-year-old took a nap inside their row-home on the 1500 block of 29th Street, Turman left Alayiah in the care of Spellman, who also goes by the name Anwar Salahuddin.
Turman said that when she woke, "I asked why my baby not breathing. He says, 'She's breathing.' Her eyes were closed."
Turman phoned police around noon. Medics responded and took Alayiah to Temple University Hospital, where the little girl was pronounced dead at 12:37 p.m.
Police arrested Spellman, who lives on the 1500 block of North 29th Street, over the weekend.
He was charged with murder, endangering the welfare of a child and possessing an instrument of crime.
A medical examiner performed an autopsy on the child.
"His confession was she pulled the cords in the game, the system is -- the box itself -- fell, and he was upset and then responsible for paying for the game, so he hit her in her face twice," Turman said, adding that Spellman also allegedly slung the child over a chair.

Source

OP
D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
My post doesn't reflect my own opinion. It's an excerpt from an article on a website that I found to be an interesting read.
If you read the entire article and not just my post you will agree that the hype behind the new consoles is kind of pathetic and only generated by the companies to sell their products.

PS: My X1600 cost only 4.5k which is nothing compared to the minimum 30k that the PS3 will cost. Not to mention 3k for each original PS3 game.

K

krazyfrog

For all those people wondering when PS3 will get to India should turn off their pc for once and head outside to a shop selling electronic goods and see for yourself. Its already here! I saw one at Alfa (Vile Parle, Mumbai). 30gb for 42k and 60gb for 57k.
And who's that wise guy calling all PS3 buyers losers? Just because you can't afford to buy one for yourself doesn't mean you call others losers. I'm sure if he'd had enough money to buy one for himself, he'd been one of the many camping outside Sony shops. He's the one who NEEDS TO GET A LIFE! Just goes to show how low some people could go to make others look bad and get self importance in the process.

OP
D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Maybe if you read the entire article you'd see the logic in the writers argument. If someone camps out at 3 AM and gets shot at and dies in the process just for a video game then IMO, he is a loser.

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

Is it really his fault that he got shot? Did he ask for that? He just wanted to get himself his favourite console. If you go out to market to buy something, somebody threatens you to give all your money, you deny and then he shoots you. Then are you a loser for going out to buy that thing? The real loser would be the one who shot you, wouldn't you agree? Same applies in case of that guy.
Also i don't need to read such articles. There are many on the net which tell me how bad the PS3 is (or for that matter anything popular, like the iPod). There won't be anything new in this one.

OP
D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
krazyfrog said:
Also i don't need to read such articles. There are many on the net which tell me how bad the PS3 is (or for that matter anything popular, like the iPod). There won't be anything new in this one.
So you're arguing against something that you haven't even read?

hash!!

________
you choose what u wanna do and what u dun wanna do... well, its just that i think the author of the article wuz lame enough to write sumthn crappy like that... theres a lot more to write about in and around this world...
dude, if a guy wants to buy a ps3/xbox360/wii or whteva, its his wish how he buys it... we have posers sellin their art for crores n crores... and they aint even real artists... my argument is that if a person has that kinda money to spend, its pretty much his wish.... as to people gettin shot, theres ppl gettin shot and mugged for their wallets or their cars... so do wel tell em not to buy cars or keep cash on em?
i dun think the guy's a loser if he gets killed just because he wuz camping out to be one of the first to get his hands on the console, i'd rather blame it on his bad luck... he wouldnt've dreamt that he'd get shot like that!!
lolz
and yes... i didn't care read the whole thing.. the heading wuz pretty much loud and clear... and the message wuz as lame....

K

krazyfrog

^^ I told you i don't need to read it. This isn't the first time this has happened. Every time a product becomes immensely successful, people who apparently aren't open minded and sporty enough to accept its success, write such stuff to degrade it in eyes of others and also try to gain some self importance for themselves from like minded people. Sorry to know an intelligent person like you fell for their trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom