Playstation 2, Xbox or just stick with my computer?

PS2, Xbox or New Graphics card

• Xbox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Graphics Card

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk88in

Broken In
ok here's the deal
I want a gaming rig, now i can either go for a PS2 or the Xbox, or i can just get a new grapics card + steering wheel.
here's how i see it-
Playstation 2--> Awesome games,Loads of choice in games and gr8 graphics
XBox--> Awesome graphics, Limited games
Another Thing is that if i buy a PS2 or Xbox, id wana attatch it to my comp, i have a tv tuner card...can it be done?
Also, wat are the prices for the 2 consoles and a good graphics card within the range of 7k?
I have a p4 2.66 Ghz and 256 MB ram with an intel original 845GVB mother board which has an AGP slot.
im also starting a poll.
Thanx in advance.
-Anish

G

gxsaurav

I say either go for PS2 or wait for PS3, PC sucks when U want only gaming

best bet is a cheap PC with Console

OP
H

hbk88in

Broken In
i dont think i'll be able to afford it when it comes out. The PSP alone is for 20k, so im guessin the PS3 will be around 25k grey market, so im guessing the above 3 are the best coz ol' 3 of 'em are under 12k(grey market) if im rite..
-Anish

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Well, this is a sticky one :D First, you gotta decide whether you want a PC or a console. You can decide between the PS2 and the Xbox later. Let me see how many pros and cons of each system I can list out here:

Console:
+Lots of games (esp PS2)
+No need to upgrade every now and then
+Multiple players can play at the same time
+No need to worry about installing games (saved games need memory cards on PS2 or HDD of Xbox)
-Graphics no match for PC
-Lack of Broadband penetration means less online action and absolutely no Xbox Live

PC:
+Mindblowing graphics
+Keyboard+Mouse combo suits many people (like me :p)
+Can attach a joystick too
+Can do more than just play games on a PC
-Need to upgrade every now and then
-Best graphics only on high end systems

Consider these points and hopefully you can come to a conclusion. Maybe others can add a few more points.

Moving to gaming as it belongs there.

OP
H

hbk88in

Broken In
Thanx for the pro's n con's man
but see, even if i buy a console, i will still have my PC , which ile be attatching my console to. And ure sooooo right about the Keyboard+Mouse Combo, VERY useful in games like Max Payne n ol.
still confused...lets see what the others have to say :D and please vote people!!!!
-Anish

raj14

In Deniel
Well, it depends on your gaming taste; both Pc and XBox have a impressive line up of RPGs and FPSes, while PS-2 Does well in Hack n Slash titles. PS-2's Biggest Pro is: over 5000 Titles! XBox's Bigest Pro: Good Graphics, but only 450titles. U can be like me: i have a PSone, PS-2 and a Pc. Plus i have ordered XBox, which would be here at may 9th. In the end: Buy an XBox w/ Mod Chip it will cost abt Rs.11,500/- and yes u connect the cönsoles to the pc, via a standard Red,White, Yellow AV cable.

sushir

Broken In
I wanted to give some points too ...

1. The PC's grafix are unbeatable.
2. The amount you eventually shell out each year on PC equals the price of a decent console (which lasts 2 years max...)
3. The PC rocks because of the amount of things you could do to your game.
4. The KB/Mouse combo also rulez man.
5. The feeling of playing an FPS on console is like eating dinner in the bathroom.
6. The console sucks as your eyes go `goo goo' by watching so much TV.
7. X-Box totally sucks. Even if you are dumb enough to buy a console in the end , i suggest go for a PS2. Lots of games, Poor Grafix (I love this part), Instant releases.
8. I suggest buy both ;-)) (AGP card and PS2)

hope this helped....

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@sushir: A console definitely lasts more than just 2 years. I know people who have had their PS2s and Gamecubes for like 3-4 years now.
The Xbox does not suck as you say. It is better than the PS2 but it does not have as many games. It will also depend on the type of games you like to play which will decide the console.
I agree with all the stuff you can do with PC games like get custom maps (for free unlike the Halo 2 pack which costs $20) and new levels and expansion packs.

moshel

Padawan
Nemesis said:
Console:

+No need to upgrade every now and then

The way i think is that atleast a computer u can upgrade, but in console once a new version comes out, u have to throw out the old one.

For eg. psone was gr8 when it came out. but how many games are released for it today. cos ps2 has come. so a person with psone has to buy a ps2 today. so it comes down to same thing.

almost.

raj14

In Deniel
@sushir: Dude, XBox in no Gods' way, sucks. Whoever says XBox Sucks, says only because he havent tried it! I played PGR2 on the shop, the Graphics were supurb, and 10times better than My PS-2; you see, Xbox has a GeForce 3 w/ 4 Pixel and 2 Vertex shaders, clocked at 233MHz. While PS2 has a 150MHz Sony-made video card, which has NO Pixel/Vertex shaders. Botttomline: XBox does NOT SUCK!

OP
H

hbk88in

Broken In
sushir dude u make some valid points. One thing dat i did think bout waz dat now that the ps3 is coming out, im guessing dey're gona limit the ps2 games ? just like they did with the psone(i went throught dat!!!!!)
Same thing with Xbox, a new Xbox is coming out, so maybe the games will be limited...
as for the games, i like playing racing games and sports, soz that way ps2 is the safest bet coz it has the best games for racing and sports.
Computers, hmmm, givin it a thought..but lets see..im gona think on this..
thanx to all of u for ure replies...
-Anish

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@moshel: But look how long the consoles have been around. The Xbox xame out in November 2001 I think which makes the gap between it the new Xbox 360 4 years. And it can still play all games with good graphics. The PS2 is even older but still games look pretty good (although not as good as the Xbox). Same with the Gamecube. RE4 on the GC has to be seen to believe the awesome graphics. No graphics card will last you 4 years and still play games at optimal resolutions.

Edit: My bad....I had meant No graphics card....had a typo :p so it read Bo lol

supersaiyan

In the zone
well dude i think nothin beats the pc if u choose the right config. nemesis is absolutely right. gfx cards which are old now can still play new games at playable framerates. if u going for the grafix quality then u can compare doom3 on xbox and on the pc. u will find that the pc is better. but the thing is, mostly all games which r on the pc r on the consoles but not a majority of the games which r on the consoles r not on the pc. if i were u i would buy the xbox or pc. but my favourite title that is devil may cry 3 is on the ps2 (sob).

devilhead_satish

In the zone
Go buy a PC with PCI-E and a 64 bit processor with a top end Graph card. Add a good helping of RAM too. You wont have to touch it for 2.5 yrs at least

shaunak

Tux Fan
stick 2 the pc,ill tell u why
1) pc gfx is evolving and has surpassed ps2 gfx. gta san andreas pc gfx is actually better than ps2 gfx. donno abt xbox though.
2) keyboard rox

OP
H

hbk88in

Broken In
@satish..dude i dont have that kinda money...if i did, id be doing that..anyhow id like to tel ya'll dat i've borrowed my cousin's ps2 for 2 weeks...im gonna test it n see whats better, ps2 or pc or xbox coz ive already tested d xbox..
thanx a lott..
-Anish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom